• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2.0 Q

Zax

Chicago
Plain and simple question. I've been wanting a Romeo 2 for awhile now. I'm a sucker for rimless frames. However, I'm worried about the fit. No one around me seems to have them, and they've been out of stores for ages. I've talked to Brian about these, and he says that they fit like a Juliet, but the lenses are similar to the Half X in length. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to do a little side by side comparison of the Half X, Juliet and Romeo 2 if they could. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Well I don't own all three anymore but I've owned all three at one time. They don't fit like the Juliet because they're bigger. They may not be true to the 1 in design, but in size they are. The Half X is a fair comparison in terms of top of rim to bottom of lens size...however the 2 lacks spring hinges so the frame is wider, a fact that is compensated with by using a hammerstem and temple shocks. I have a big head....the Juliet is really too small for my face but I've gotten creative with it to get a decent fit...the 2 borders on needing the big t shocks to get the fit locked down on my head. This would be my only concern...that smaller heads and faces wouldn't be a good fit.

Aw crap. As a reference, the Half X fit me pretty well. I sanded and cut the lenses on the Half X down to the height of a Flak Jacket standard lens to make them fit/look a little better. The Half X is probably the best fitting X Metal for me, but I don't want to go through and sand down another pair. (I find the height and size of the frame is off...I feel like the Half X should have a shorter, sleeker looking lens. Anyways, that was my biggest concern with the Romeo. In terms of fit, I think I have a small/medium sized head. The Juliet is a little loose on my head actually. I'm not sure if this is normal haha. I know they're not for sports, but when I was running up a flight of stairs, I found them bouncing up and down lol. I really wish I could just try it on...Thank you for the info though! Much appreciated. If anyone else has any input, it would be awesome. I really want to see a comparison picture, if anyone would be kind enough to show it. Thanks!

Totally agree with ucdavis4PT0gpa on the size/fit. Here are some pics, hope they help....

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Oh wow. That's very helpful! Thank you. I think I could make the Romeo's fit. The Half X seems to be the same width wise (from hinge to hinge). The lenses look identical in height, but the softer, cleaner edges on the Romeo may fit better. Thank you guys! Much appreciated.

haha ive noticed the R2 feel wider (larger) and looser around my head, but i was contributing it down to the shot flex couplers in my pair. Looks like i was wrong, they are indeed a bigger frame?well, as with most Xmetals they have T-shocks (R2 specific, doesnt share with any other model) that you can use to tighten the fit. i've got the small '15' in mine. im sure they make a 25 and a 50.

good luck Zax.. oh also, if you can get the X-metal frame.. its the only one with a polarised lens =)

Back