• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 and half X

Turkey

Oakley Expert
Scotland
I always thought romeo 2 and half x glasses were the same but i have just seen half x glasses with no nose pins and romeo 2 with pins is that the only difference?

I always thought romeo 2 and half x glasses were the same but i have just seen half x glasses with no nose pins and romeo 2 with pins is that the only difference?

No, there's more.

Aside from the aforementioned nose flex coupler in the R2 vs. solid nose in the half-X, the lens shape is quite different, the fit is quite different, the sculpting of the x-metal, earstems in particular, is much more aggressive with the R2, and, most importantly, the R2 has normal hinges while the half-X has spring hinges that are notorious for breaking.

I was typing a response too and got as far as flex-coupled vs solid noses before somebody had the temerity to come up and ask me a work question at work!

Kronin has covered everything I would have though and probably has more first-hand experience with the Half-x than me (the only x-metal I haven't even tried on).

Personally I don't really care for the fit of the half-X, they seem a little small and the bottom of the lenses touch my cheekbones, but the fit of the R2 is awesome, very comfortable. But with everybody having different face shapes, your experience may be different.

Last edited:
I looked up Half X on the eBay app, briefly toying with the idea of buying a pair to try them out but as this month has seen purchases of 2 Ducatis, an Ichiro, a 24k and half a dozen pairs of lenses, maybe it's not the right time to indulge idle whims like that!

Cheers guys I seen a set of both on eBay and noticed the pins were different and thought I would ask the question
I did think about buying but I've got a pair of juliets and a x-metal Ti02 to send to the x-man before I can think of buying any more!! :lolsign:

I know I am in the minority, but I actually kinda like the Half-X. They obviously have some issues and as @kronin323 mentioned, fit is different for everyone. However, I find them very comfortable and they have good pretty coverage. They do not compare well to the other X-metals, but they seem to make it into my rotation. I do baby those hinges quite a bit when I'm wearing them though...:confused:

Back