• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP??

ajcon200

I should Work at Oakley
uk
I have contacted the seller of what looks like a plasma (OR possibly polished) romeo 2. It appears to have OEM BIP lenses in the frame.. I asked if they were oem, and if so when were they changed. I was told they are the original lenses and they were that way when bought from a duty free shop a few years back? i didn't think plasma or frame any other than x metal came with BIP lenses.. is it likely that they had been changed by the shop for some reason? or did some frame sell with this combo? Thanks

For R2 the BIP only came from the factory in X-Metal frame. Carbon frames came with BI. Do you have a picture of said R2?

Hi. Here are some pics @supersharp I know you can buy aftermarket polorised etched lenses for Romeo 2 .. but the seller assured me he bought these from duty free and these were installed.
Screenshot_20160408-080225.png
Screenshot_20160408-080232.png
Screenshot_20160408-080219.png
Screenshot_20160408-080213.png
Screenshot_20160408-080208.png
Screenshot_20160408-080238.png

Definitely BIP lenses, definitely polished frame. Definitely not an OEM colorway.

If he got them like that from the shop they must have been OCP. That hard vault didn't come with them, either, but if they were MPH'ing them at time of purchase it could have very well been added in.

Those are polished and should have come with Titanium iridium lenses. Lenses were changed out at some point. Only thing I would really be concerned with is making sure they still have the gasket that keeps the lenses in place. If it does not have it there will be noticeable wiggle in the lenses. They look great in that colorway.

Thanks for your help guys. I have seem Romeo 2 aftermarket lens with the etching, so that's maybe happened here... but they still look nice. Thanks