1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ajcon200

ajcon200 Oakley Collector

I have contacted the seller of what looks like a plasma (OR possibly polished) romeo 2. It appears to have OEM BIP lenses in the frame.. I asked if they were oem, and if so when were they changed. I was told they are the original lenses and they were that way when bought from a duty free shop a few years back? i didn't think plasma or frame any other than x metal came with BIP lenses.. is it likely that they had been changed by the shop for some reason? or did some frame sell with this combo? Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

For R2 the BIP only came from the factory in X-Metal frame. Carbon frames came with BI. Do you have a picture of said R2?

3. ajcon200

Hi. Here are some pics @supersharp I know you can buy aftermarket polorised etched lenses for Romeo 2 .. but the seller assured me he bought these from duty free and these were installed. Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080225.png Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080232.png Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080219.png Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080213.png Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080208.png Romeo 2 Plasma/polished BIP?? - Screenshot_20160408-080238.png

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Definitely BIP lenses, definitely polished frame. Definitely not an OEM colorway.

If he got them like that from the shop they must have been OCP. That hard vault didn't come with them, either, but if they were MPH'ing them at time of purchase it could have very well been added in.

ajcon200 likes this.
  5. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Those are polished and should have come with Titanium iridium lenses. Lenses were changed out at some point. Only thing I would really be concerned with is making sure they still have the gasket that keeps the lenses in place. If it does not have it there will be noticeable wiggle in the lenses. They look great in that colorway.

ajcon200 likes this.
  6. ajcon200

Thanks for your help guys. I have seem Romeo 2 aftermarket lens with the etching, so that's maybe happened here... but they still look nice. Thanks

supersharp likes this.