• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 restoration?

IMG_20160829_135750.jpg

What do you think about it? Better to sell them or keep and refinish?
Sincerely don't know what to do

Hi to all the members of the forum, I received today a pair of R2 that had to be in very nice condition, but damn, it isn't...

Here is what I got:
- very loose nose bridge (but still wearable)
- some scratches here and there
- a slightly bended arm
- scratched icons
- scratched lenses

Before I throw them in the garbage, from Italy can I manage something to fix them? Because I made a search on the forum and I read that for R2 it's not so easy to find spare parts. The price was very good, but they absolutely need a fix to be worn.

Later I'll post pics

Thanks a lot for the help

They can be easily restored with new lenses and rubbers. Blast and tune up doesn't cost much compared to Oakley custom cut lenses for them. I fixed up one for @Nyreth just recently for a complete package with Deep Blue iridium Polarized lenses, preserving the etching

20160705_021240.jpg
20160705_021224.jpg
20160705_020354.jpg

Restore them!!!! And do yourself a favor, check with @jdd32 as well.

FWIW, I can't say enough good things about @jdd32!! He is fantastic to deal with and his work is exceptional! Seriously, I think my husband's R2's are better now than when they were brand new. jdd32 did a slightly larger than cut than the original lenses to give my husband some extra coverage and my husband could not be happier with them (he made sure the "POLARIZED" etching is still there any looks great). The joints are tight but still have the flex and comfort factor like they did when he first got them. One of the arms on my husband's pair had gotten bent, but you would never know it now. Also, jdd32 even had a custom serial number etched back into the arm (my husband had worn them so much that it had rubbed off). I have a pair of Juliets that I think may be making the trip to Australia sometime within the next year.

I'm sorry the ones you got didn't end up being as advertised, but if it makes you feel any better, I think my husband's pair prior to restoration might be worth looking at:
Need Some Advice on Romeo 2's
Let's just say that before I sent them to jdd32, I had no reservations about handing them to my 2 year old daughter to play with and my husband had long since written them off as a total loss. ;)

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow of the finished product with rubbers, etc.

Last edited:
Restore them!!!! And do yourself a favor, check with @jdd32 as well.

FWIW, I can't say enough good things about @jdd32!! He is fantastic to deal with and his work is exceptional! Seriously, I think my husband's R2's are better now than when they were brand new. jdd32 did a slightly larger than cut than the original lenses to give my husband some extra coverage and my husband could not be happier with them (he made sure the "POLARIZED" etching is still there any looks great). The joints are tight but still have the flex and comfort factor like they did when he first got them. One of the arms on my husband's pair had gotten bent, but you would never know it now. Also, jdd32 even had a custom serial number etched back into the arm (my husband had worn them so much that it had rubbed off). I have a pair of Juliets that I think may be making the trip to Australia sometime within the next year.

I'm sorry the ones you got didn't end up being as advertised, but if it makes you feel any better, I think my husband's pair prior to restoration might be worth looking at:
Need Some Advice on Romeo 2's
Let's just say that before I sent them to jdd32, I had no reservations about handing them to my 2 year old daughter to play with and my husband had long since written them off as a total loss. ;)

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow of the finished product with rubbers, etc.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Latest Posts

Back