• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Fans?

one good thing about em is they will never ever need a tune up. new lenses, new gaskets, but nothing on the frame to deal with. Just tighten the screws and good to go

God forbid you lose the lens orientation, lol. I'm still not completely sure that one of my lenses isn't installed upside down. Stupid rookie mistake on my part not keeping careful track... Love the R1, beautiful design. I keep a small shock in them, they sit on my ears and don't hug my face, I also put them on over the top of my head (like a hat as so many members have suggested doing) so there is no stress on the lenses. Hopefully I can prevent the spider cracks. It is just an iconic pair, a trail blazer for the entire line. Not "perfect" in every technical and functional sense, but perfectly awesome! Side note, R2 rocks my face off :)

I am liking the romeo myself I have 6 now. Knowing that you don't need tune-ups is an additional score, but stress cracks on the lenses if not careful to avoid this snug fit the orbital screws and slide them over the top of your head instead of bending them. I do that on all my pieces to avoid loosening the rubbers. I must admit I equally love the Juliet and romeo now.

I like that pair.
I got mine in March (frame only) for $450.
I convinced myself into paying that as was happy as the prices on these and the X-squared s have been soaring!!!
:)

Back