• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Gone Mad!

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
D

dragonvoi

i need help!

i have gone R1 mad! please give me your opinion on what colorway for my last peice:

Polished frame

1. Ichiro inspired, emerald with drab olive rubbers
2. G30 black rubbers
3. G30 with rootbeer rubbers

I have pix of the first two but only have rootbeer socks for option 3.

here is the link to my photostream.

sorry there is a lot of pics to sift through for now, but i will streamline down the road!

thanks for dropping by!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking the emerald and olive, it works well as a whole. On the other combos I can't seem to get past "OMG, polished Romeo"!

What is this "last piece" of which you speak of? I do not know the concept...:pickingnose:

Seriously, your photostream is overwhelming - I can see it but I cannot actually comprehend that many R1s...

That said, my first thought is #3, just because it sounds like the most unique combo.

But otherwise, I think polished works best in bright sunlight; it's a flashy finish so it deserves taking it to the max. Neither of your lens choices are great for bright sunlight, but emerald comes the closest...

Lol @kronin323 yeah, i picked up my last pair, hmmm i dont remember how many pairs ago. But for now the romeos are gonna be kept to a dirty dozen. So i can move on and work on my other sets.

I probably should have added some background to my query. I wear everything i have or at least try to. I havent found the perfect reason to wear a 24k anything but i am sure there is an occasion for it.

I have the subdued, well as subdued as a polished pair can get, in the alinghi BIP polished pair as I do agree having mirror lenses with matching rubber tends to be overkill, but the emerald somehow does work. But on the flipside, i have emerald xmetal and plasma frames so i wanted a g30 formcloudy overcast days. I like the ichiro concept, but i dont want to keep it on a shelf since i hand polished this pair to make it more "experienced" looking not all showroom straight and perfect like the 24k's are, which, i am scared to wear!

More to think about... Thanks for the input, keep it coming!

God that polish is amazing. How was that done?
you know when that awkward scene in every teen movie where the parent walks in on the teen during his "private time"...

just kidding that was before dremels. buncha sand papers and polishing rouge, polishing felt and a high speed rotary tool aka dremel but thats how i did it.