• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Gone Mad!

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
Did you start with a plasma frame? And did the sandpaper remove any of the original finish, or just shine it up real nice? I think I need to get a plasma Romeo before I even consider getting another plasma romeo to try this with.. but I definitely have an abundance of Plasma Juliets to give this a go with. Those rea

Did you start with a plasma frame? And did the sandpaper remove any of the original finish, or just shine it up real nice? I think I need to get a plasma Romeo before I even consider getting another plasma romeo to try this with.. but I definitely have an abundance of Plasma Juliets to give this a go with. Those rea
Not sure what the original frame color was for this one, because when i bought it off the bay it was in poor shape, and had black residue in its nooks and crannies. But i have polished xmetal before, and yes it removes the original coating, but i dont really do anything to the vital contact surfaces so the tolerances dont change except for where the nosebombs and earsocks go. One thing to consider though is that some imperfections in the titanium surface may come out where it was coverd by the finish. I personally like the imperfections, but it may bother others especially if they appear in really obvious places.

Not sure what the original frame color was for this one, because when i bought it off the bay it was in poor shape, and had black residue in its nooks and crannies. But i have polished xmetal before, and yes it removes the original coating, but i dont really do anything to the vital contact surfaces so the tolerances dont change except for where the nosebombs and earsocks go. One thing to consider though is that some imperfections in the titanium surface may come out where it was coverd by the finish. I personally like the imperfections, but it may bother others especially if they appear in really obvious places.

Yeah, I heard early-gen can have a bit of pitting / bubbles underneath the finish, don't know if it's as common with later-gens (sand casting vs. lost wax).

Yeah, I heard early-gen can have a bit of pitting / bubbles underneath the finish, don't know if it's as common with later-gens (sand casting vs. lost wax).
see, and i don't mind that. I wear my glasses, and know they are SOLID, they have marks that make them unique and although I can appreciate showroom pieces, I would be overly conscientious of wearing my perfect 24k xsquareds out that i would totally mess them up from trying too hard to protect them from harm lol. As long as they are not just filthy or crooked, i like quirks in my glasses. =)

Dang man, you really have quite the collection!

thanks to your help sir!

Please tell
see, and i don't mind that. I wear my glasses, and know they are SOLID, they have marks that make them unique and although I can appreciate showroom pieces, I would be overly conscientious of wearing my perfect 24k xsquareds out that i would totally mess them up from trying too hard to protect them from harm lol. As long as they are not just filthy or crooked, i like quirks in my glasses. =)

thanks to your help sir!

Please tell me how to change the color on the R1s!! I'd love to learn the craft to make an extra pair of R1s to make chrome! Help a fellow X-Metal fan out!

what paint would I use then? If I have say a X Metal colored pair, how would I get the "polished" chrome look like the pair that he has?
Idk why you keep bringing up paint. Go on YouTube and look up some videos on polishing metal.

There is no coating. Its just bare metal

Back