• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Gone Mad!

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
ok, I will look it up on youtube and get my answer
He's tring to tell you take off xmetal finish and underneath is bare metal and then polish that. Chrome dipping/ plating most likely wouldn't be an option.. but if any one ever does one on a xmetal I 'd like to see it done. Seen ring scissors that have neat rainbow effect

Last edited:
He's tring to tell you take off xmetal finish and underneath is bare metal and then polish that. Chrome dipping/ plating most likely wouldn't be an option.. but if any one ever does one on a xmetal I 'd like to see it done. Seen ring scissors that have neat rainbow effect

Hmmm, rainbow effect... makes me think of the Kershaw Chive I bought The Wife a couple of years ago... titanium oxide coating, colors created "by the application of electric currents in different intensities and duration". Here's some pics of hers:

20140706_140339.jpg

20140706_140417.jpg

That might look cool on some x-metals... or maybe not. There's a reason I bought this for The Wife and not for myself...

First off, great pics, I enjoy how you staged many of those shots. That you enjoyment our hobby is evident!
As with everyone else that commented - those polished R1's are amazing.
Let me take a quick inventory- Dremel? Check. Jeweler's rouge? Check. Extra Romeo?????
Thanks for sharing Ken!

First off, great pics, I enjoy how you staged many of those shots. That you enjoyment our hobby is evident!
As with everyone else that commented - those polished R1's are amazing.
Let me take a quick inventory- Dremel? Check. Jeweler's rouge? Check. Extra Romeo?????
Thanks for sharing Ken!

haha the extra romeo is hard to find, also the time to make them shiny is pretty scarce.