1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Neomentat

Neomentat Oakley Beginner

I had a pair of each of the gen 1 Romeo and Juliets in titanium which I regretfully sold in 2005 for peanuts. I've been trying to replace these glasses but have seen some WILD prices on the bay. What's a realistic price to pay for these in decent condition these days?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

here is my rule.... you get what you pay for!!! As for a Romeo 1 - complete 10/10 pristine pair with no scrathes scuffs or stress cracks should cost around $1,000. If jordan expect $1400. If you dont want it complete or dont mind stress cracks then probably $500. If you want a pair with custom cut lenses, I would say you're looking at $600ish.

As for juliet... I am not the guy to ask. I never had a gen 1

3. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Try going to O-Review

Let us say I want to buy a Splice FMJ/Crystal black/ice. The price back then was $150.

Plus and minus depending on the condition of the item (e.g.mint, minor scratches) if it is complete (e.g. With box, coin if it is x metal) and limited release (e.g. Matt Kenseth Splice). So I would be willing to pay somewhere around $100-$150 (lesser than a $100 is steal for me) for mint condition with box. Lesser than that if missing box, scratches on lenses etc.

Let us say JPM Splice. That was a limited edition retailed at $180. I would be willing to pay $180-$220.

Now Matt Kenseth Splice retailed at $150 back then. Max I would pay for maybe would be $200 given it is complete and mint. Am I going to get one for that price? Nope. There is one on ebay right now for $900. Am I willing to pay $900 for O matter? If I was big ballin' like greg, sure why not.

Bottom line is msrp price plus or minus, then a research on the exchange thread on how much OF'ers are paying for them. It may not apply to all items but that is just me. Hope this helps.

Last edited: 5/10/14
    mercat likes this.
  4. Hando

Hando Oakley Enthusiast

Depends on so much that it's almost impossible to get a straight answer unless you specify exactly what you're looking for. Like the guys previous have said.

I personally don't like to pay more than 250 for Juliets that have no boxes or coins. At that price if it needs tuning up, new lenses, rubbers, etc, I'm not bankrupting myself restoring them. Prices have gone up over time. I scored a 1st Gen Titanium with OEM Blue Rubbers and pristine Emerald lenses on ebay for 200ish back in December. Now I rarely see any Juliets at all for under 300 on ebay. The exchange has great prices

Another thing to consider is rarity of a colorway. There's a million Polished Juliets to .. hundreds of Polished Carbon Juliets. (I'm sure someone has the exact numbers). There's 750? Brown Juliets.. Same frame.. different color, way more valuable. Sometimes cost the exact same at release as others of it's kind. Good example... try to find a Plasma XX and get it for anywhere near an X-Metal XX. Exact same parts, different colors/finish... Way different value.

**In my tiredness I realized that you did post exactly what you were looking for.

Gen 1 Titanium Juliet... 200-400 is what I would pay depending on what I'm getting with it.
    IE: If it's without box, good rubbers, tight frame, shitty lenses, I'd pay 200. If it's with box, brand new.. 400.. maybe 450

5. Neomentat

Neomentat Oakley Beginner

Thanks you guys for all the advice. I think I'll be looking for something under 3 bills. Are replacement rubbers and lenses still commonly available anywhere?

6. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

You could find some decent Juliets under $300, but as for Romeo's you'd be very lucky.

Replacement lenses are still around for the Juliets, as is rubbers. Harder to find rubber and lenses for Romeo and lenses are easier to get custom cut.

7. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Romeo rubbers run you about 80 bucks and Juliet are common 15-20 bucks