• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo & Juliet - tragic love story in the making?

Noak

I should Work at Oakley
Singapore
So, I got hooked onto Juliets recently, started dating my first Juliet named "Ducati" a few years back. I stuck to her through thick and thin, but I was itching for more and out of a sudden, it become a five-some.

Juliets 002.jpg

The 5 Juliets behaved at first, living amicably with each other, but slowly, they clamoured for more attention and started to mess with my mind. ARGH...... I can't take it anyway, so with a Shakespearean twist, I took delivery of this ....

Romeo-X-Metal-Black-Iridium-001.jpg

Romeo-X-Metal-Black-Iridium-002.jpg

Finally!!! Romeo & Juliet(s) ... is this the start of a tragic love story? ;)

Last edited:
A (maybe) interesting tidbit of trivia...

The x-metal frames "Romeo" and "Juliet" aren't actually named after the Shakespearean play. They're named after the cigar brand "Romeo y Julieta", a Cuban brand that moved to the Dominican Republic after the tobacco industry was nationalized in Cuba (though Cuba still produces cigars under that brand name).

But the cigar brand is named after the Shakespearean play, so the connection is still there, just once removed.

That said, I love my Juliets and Romeo, too...

A (maybe) interesting tidbit of trivia...

The x-metal frames "Romeo" and "Juliet" aren't actually named after the Shakespearean play. They're named after the cigar brand "Romeo y Julieta", a Cuban brand that moved to the Dominican Republic after the tobacco industry was nationalized in Cuba (though Cuba still produces cigars under that brand name).

But the cigar brand is named after the Shakespearean play, so the connection is still there, just once removed.

That said, I love my Juliets and Romeo, too...

BTW here's my source for that trivia, Jim Jannard himself...
Questions For Jim Jannard! | Page 29 | Oakley Forum

Latest Posts

Back