1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Cody Oslo

Cody Oslo Oakley Enthusiast

Hi O brothers,

I think a few of you remember that I won in 22 NOV 2015, on ebay, after a long and "beautiful" bid, a rare pair of Romeo 1 MJ 0069 with big X-Metal box from an early employee in HQ. I
    asked him to send the package to my good friend Joe Smith in order to figure out later the next transport to me.
    At that date of delivery at "Joe house door" the package was received by "MAX".
    Seller was legit, but he send the item without insurance to Joe adress, which I supposed was a big mistake without telling me this thing.
    The Post true the local postman delivered to someone else near Joe house my package. Joe didn;t know anything about this reception and he start to investigate 2 months, but nothing. Post office don't want to say who delivered that time my package.
    I contact ebay and Post office true Joe and everyone is "clean"! Answer: Delivery to adress as GPS of post office, Ebay is not involved further and they close my case.

so...I lost this R1 MJ #69 (it was stolen at delivery) and amount that I won the bid 4500USD!!!

I talked with Joe these days and we found a good idea to ask you guys, here on forum, to help me finding this item. If you can see this glasses somewhere, somehow, etc please let me know. I will appreciate all that help and much more...:)

Thank you and hope to get this item into my collection. I work hard for this money in order to pay for this item

Best regards,
    Cody / Oslo

Romeo MJ #69! United States Postal Service "lost" it !!!??? Please HELP! - Screenshot 2016-04-13 22.43.19.png

Last edited: 4/13/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

If it's any consolation, I don't think insurance would have helped in this case, since it was "delivered".

motoGP_fanatic and Dallas O Hog like this.
  3. #1 Stunna!

#1 Stunna! Oakley Expert Premium Member

That sucks!

4. sisson16

sisson16 Oakley Expert Premium Member

If the parcel was recieved by "MAX" then we know it was signed for, so a claim could not be filled anyway. I mean technically u could file a claim but it's going to be hard to get anything out of it due to it being signed for and delivered appropriately.

Also anytime a parcel is hit with a kill scan (delivered, attempted, undeliverable, etc) the scanner locks the GPS coordinates and that location is able to be pulled up via an internal program and it pin points the location on a map. I would request this information if u think it was mis-delivered, but higher ups monitor ECC cases like u filed, and I doubt someone lied about it being delivered correctly, when really it wasn't.

For future reference, anything with a $4500 value needs to be mailed Registered. And at the very least, if being a cheap ass, needs a restricted delivery.

motoGP_fanatic and Dallas O Hog like this.
  5. Cody Oslo

I know, I already considered this item "lost"... I still have a small hope getting back from you all, if you wanna help me of course and if you remember this threat. Maybe when you possible see this item somewhere or at someone, or maybe for sale,etc...

6. Cody Oslo

Joe did all he could at the post office and further, trust me....they are really not helping people in these cases...only bad attitude and bad answers :(

7. #1 Stunna!

#1 Stunna! Oakley Expert Premium Member

What city was it delivered? Maybe it will end up on Craigslist

8. Cody Oslo

I can't say here his adress but near Houston,Tx

9. KillerCollector

KillerCollector Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hopefully Kansas City craigslist. :cool-33:

10. sisson16

sisson16 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Oh, ok then. So u haven't actually handled any of this urself??

I wouldn't trust anyone's word when $4500 is in play. People do a lot worse than take a pair of Oakleys for $4500