• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo No. 1 (first Off Production Line) - Value

It really depends on how much you want it. For me it would be no more than double what a similar mint/LNIB pair would go for a little further down the line, which would be $1000 max x 1.5 = $1500. Others may pay double ~$2K (I would not be one of them)

for the many daily trades of serials in the high hundreds and thousands...

:hi: ... Lower serials may add significant sentimental value along with the 'X-factor' (especially in the case of X-Metals) for some, but they do not add to the value of the pair itself as much as many seem to think. I state this with the comparison of an xx pair compared to an xxx, or even a low xxxx pair - to me, as a collector they are worth a little more, but not double or triple as some seem to indicate. I would rather have the more mint pair, period, as that would be the most valuable ($, not 'sense'), to me. The exception would be single digits, of course, and good luck trying to locate not to mention valuate that!

Last edited:
In my case they would not be worth anymore to me, what is a number? Wow it rolled of the production line first, now days it doesn't mean you got them first. A pair in good shape is worth more to me, assuming they are the same gen. They look the same.
Give me something different like Romeo engraved in nose bridge. Then you got me and my money.

Something like a Jordan R1 with his jersey number in the SN would carry some extra value, beyond that though I wouldn't care.

Also there's no guarantee that they were serialed in the exact order they were produced, from pair to pair. But within a range were likely similar production dates.

As stated earlier, low serials are really more of a novelty that adds sentiment than actual $$ value. There might be a person or two out there who will pay a premium for the sentiment but it wouldn't really be "market" value, just overpaying...

Totally agree with MJLSr and Kronin - a particularly low serial is nice to have but for me it comes behind condition and completeness in terms of adding value. Would I pay more for a serial in the teens than for glasses in the thousands with matching box? I personally wouldn't but I can respect the choice of those who would.

Totally agree with MJLSr and Kronin - a particularly low serial is nice to have but for me it comes behind condition and completeness in terms of adding value. Would I pay more for a serial in the teens than for glasses in the thousands with matching box? I personally wouldn't but I can respect the choice of those who would.
Ok. But the original question was what if it was mint and complete? Maybe even unopened? How much green would you guys throw for it? Doulble digits or lower?

I already gave my answer to that =]

For me it would be no more than double what a similar mint/LNIB pair would go for a little further down the line, which would be $1000 max x 1.5 = $1500.

I am not sure 'sealed' does anything more for me, as seals can be broken, boxes replaced - I would have to check the merchandise to confirm so it would be opened prior to the transaction being complete.

<./begin_sarcasm>
echo "I love crapatalk"
<./end_sarcasm>

Latest Posts

Back