• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Nosepieces

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
My BNIB plasma came with a set on the frame and a set in the box. I don't have both to compare right now....are these different sizes or is the second set just a spare?

Yeah they are different. My plasma frames are out for some custom lenses with the nosepieces that came on them, but I dug out the second set and they are SMALLER than the ones that just came on the used X Metal frame I bought. I think what has probably happened is that the Romeo shipped with the large nosepieces installed on the frame (as well as the 25 temple shocks...no problem there being the same as the other X Metals) and as people have tossed boxes and baggies with extra nosepieces, you're left with the large ones for the most part when people buy used frames. This stinks because the smaller ones fit my face better. The large is okay, but it causes the frame to sit just a tad higher on my face than I would like when with the smalls, the frame just covers my eyebrows and lowers the frame to just above my cheeks and creates a better wrap and look while being worn. I swear my plasma frames sat lower when I wore them...I'll have to try them side by side when I get them back. BUT...if in fact what I have now is two sets of bigs and one set of smalls, I may have to swap the one set of smalls between the two frames when I wear each (there is the possibility that the nosepiece sizes changes over time...the Juliets nosepieces "small" and "large" have changed as well over the years).

On the one hand while I'm not surprised nobody in the aftermarket has made Romeo nosepieces as they only apply to that one model, it seems there would be a market for it...I know I would buy several sets and pay a decent amount for them given the only other way to get your hands on nosepieces (and even then not BOTH sizes) is to pay 100's of dollars.

While I'm on the topic....one could in theory create a small nosepiece from a large...its a matter of removing some material...anyone have suggestions as to suitable ways to "file down" the rubber on a nosepiece in a manner that would still be comfortable to wear?

Yeah they are different. My plasma frames are out for some custom lenses with the nosepieces that came on them, but I dug out the second set and they are SMALLER than the ones that just came on the used X Metal frame I bought. I think what has probably happened is that the Romeo shipped with the large nosepieces installed on the frame (as well as the 25 temple shocks...no problem there being the same as the other X Metals) and as people have tossed boxes and baggies with extra nosepieces, you're left with the large ones for the most part when people buy used frames. This stinks because the smaller ones fit my face better. The large is okay, but it causes the frame to sit just a tad higher on my face than I would like when with the smalls, the frame just covers my eyebrows and lowers the frame to just above my cheeks and creates a better wrap and look while being worn. I swear my plasma frames sat lower when I wore them...I'll have to try them side by side when I get them back. BUT...if in fact what I have now is two sets of bigs and one set of smalls, I may have to swap the one set of smalls between the two frames when I wear each (there is the possibility that the nosepiece sizes changes over time...the Juliets nosepieces "small" and "large" have changed as well over the years).

On the one hand while I'm not surprised nobody in the aftermarket has made Romeo nosepieces as they only apply to that one model, it seems there would be a market for it...I know I would buy several sets and pay a decent amount for them given the only other way to get your hands on nosepieces (and even then not BOTH sizes) is to pay 100's of dollars.

While I'm on the topic....one could in theory create a small nosepiece from a large...its a matter of removing some material...anyone have suggestions as to suitable ways to "file down" the rubber on a nosepiece in a manner that would still be comfortable to wear?

aftermarket romeo nose pads will be available soon, DG_mods will make them as soon as he gets a romeo1 to work with.

re filing big rubbers down, its rubber, so maybe some sort of cutting, then heat to melt it smooth again? im not too familiar but it seems logical

aftermarket romeo nose pads will be available soon, DG_mods will make them as soon as he gets a romeo1 to work with.

re filing big rubbers down, its rubber, so maybe some sort of cutting, then heat to melt it smooth again? im not too familiar but it seems logical

Well if DG is going to make some soon, I'll just wait for those. That's awesome though if he could make up the large and small sets...I'd by a handful of each to stockpile. In the meantime if I have to I can just swap the small set between frames. LOVING this X Metal R1 though...can't wait until the red rubber arrives next week so I can wear them and do a photoshoot.

Well if DG is going to make some soon, I'll just wait for those. That's awesome though if he could make up the large and small sets...I'd by a handful of each to stockpile. In the meantime if I have to I can just swap the small set between frames. LOVING this X Metal R1 though...can't wait until the red rubber arrives next week so I can wear them and do a photoshoot.

yup ive been waiting for him to pull the trigger on a Romeo1 for awhile now, but he needs to sell more gaskets first! go support him! haha.. but yea just a note - try not to pull the R1 nosebombs off/on too many times.. each time it wears away some of the rubber inside, and eventually it'll become loose..
personally i say stick to the Xmetal Frame ones. =D

Glad to know there are two different sizes I just wonder if mine are the bigger or the smaller of the two lol??