• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Restoration Ideas.

Just a little update on the progress so far.

I managed to get the frame straightened. The stems were actually not that bad, but the X-bridge and one of the orbitals were both slightly bent. The orbital was fairly easy to fix, I used the lenses as a guide, and slowly worked it back into shape with my panavise. The X-bridge was a little more difficult because of how stiff it is and the odd shape. I had to make a jig so I could apply enough leverage to twist it back into position.

For now I've left the orbitals alone, but I started polishing out the bridge and stems. As far as the color goes, I think I'm going to do the orbitals in X-metal, and the bridge/stems in a hand brushed titanium finish. Then I'll either do Ice or gold lenses. If I do Ice I'll also heat blue all of the screws.

Before:
IMG_0905.jpg

After:
IMG_0913-3.jpg

im thinking of using my reloading tumbler with corncob media and see what finish can be obtained,it polishes brass to a mirror like finish.im guessin a plasma type finish.

Latest Posts

Back