• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Restoration Ideas.

That might be the ticket... I still like the idea of anodizing though. How cool looking what a pair of Orange Romeo 1s be!!!

Just a little update on the progress so far.

I managed to get the frame straightened. The stems were actually not that bad, but the X-bridge and one of the orbitals were both slightly bent. The orbital was fairly easy to fix, I used the lenses as a guide, and slowly worked it back into shape with my panavise. The X-bridge was a little more difficult because of how stiff it is and the odd shape. I had to make a jig so I could apply enough leverage to twist it back into position.

For now I've left the orbitals alone, but I started polishing out the bridge and stems. As far as the color goes, I think I'm going to do the orbitals in X-metal, and the bridge/stems in a hand brushed titanium finish. Then I'll either do Ice or gold lenses. If I do Ice I'll also heat blue all of the screws.

Before:
IMG_0905.jpg

After:
IMG_0913-3.jpg

A WORLD of difference already. A decent looking pair of glasses now.

If you still thinking about customizing, here is a picture I've posted in an other thread
Maybe good for inspiration

Click to enlarge
krrf32af.png

i cant believe the nosebridge was bent. must have gone under a car at one point or something

My Romeo is still disassembled and I have the nosebridge in front of me on my table.
So I can confirm, and I don't believe it as well, the nosebridge is a super strong piece of metal and can't be bent under normal circumstances.
Note: One of the arms of my Romeo was slightly bent and I needed a piece of wood to bring it back in his old position.
Some parts of the nosebridge are uneven and you can see and feel tiny marks here and there from the production process.
So when you lay down the nosebridge on an even surface it can wiggle, but everything is fine and not bent.

My Romeo is still disassembled and I have the nosebridge in front of me on my table.
So I can confirm, and I don't believe it as well, the nosebridge is a super strong piece of metal and can't be bent under normal circumstances.
Note: One of the arms of my Romeo was slightly bent and I needed a piece of wood to bring it back in his old position.
Some parts of the nosebridge are uneven and you can see and feel tiny marks here and there from the production process.
So when you lay down the nosebridge on an even surface it can wiggle, but everything is fine and not bent.

yeah dde that thing is thick. it'd take the hulk coming off a bad day at the slots to bend them any at all

Back