• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Stem Wear

miramesa

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
I know the romeo's are going on 10 plus years but lately everytime I put them on I can hear a click in between the frame and the stems. My question is do the stem holes get bigger over time? or hopefully the screws themselves wear away?

When you put them on, put them on like goggles. Putting them on like sunglasses puts strain on the lenses and cracks will occur. Could be you hear the lenses snapping against the frame. I would also check the screw for the ear stems and for the orbitals, they could be loose.

@Gecko i hope so but it has movement (while looking at the lenses) going in a front/back motion not in an up/down

@Krank i tried putting them on like that before but i have shaggy hair that goes over my ears. hair blocks the stems from resting on the ear and seriously it takes just that long for me to position it and fix my shaggy hair(hah). plus i wear it daily and the stress cracks haven't bothered me (yet). its definitely in between the orbital and the stem tho. when i'm wearing i squeeze the temple shox and the stem and it clicks clearly in that area

If you haven't done so already, its likely time to put new washers in as Gecko mentioned, and take a look at the Tscrews.

Back