• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Titanium Gold Iridium 2nd Gen

OK, someone post some pics side by side of the different Gen Romeos. Variations in camera and monitor setting are unpredictable and they need to be photographed in the same frame under the same light, exposure, etc... Im curious. Im pretty sure mine is a first gen but would have to dig it out to double check.

I dug mine out of storage just for curiosity's sake. Pleasantly surprised, first gen, 4 digit serial and first gen box w/ multi colored label. Even has the original receipt from 98 in the box. Not in the best condition now, I need to get a restoration started soon before it gets to bad from sitting.

Anyone got that side by side pic?

This was a shot I took before I traded the 'a' serial for a medusa. There would have been a little artificial light plus plenty of natural but they're as side by side as I have (I think). If anything when viewing them outdoors as I remember, they later version appeared a little greyer in the flesh, but here they are in the same light.

null_zps5cee9ee9.jpg

This was a shot I took before I traded the 'a' serial for a medusa. There would have been a little artificial light plus plenty of natural but they're as side by side as I have (I think). If anything when viewing them outdoors as I remember, they later version appeared a little greyer in the flesh, but here they are in the same light.

null_zps5cee9ee9.jpg

1st gen front, 2nd gen back?

Thank you for the picture, there looks to be quite a difference in the finish.
No problem at all , and yes they are a completely different finish. The later version to describe simply are a darker, slightly greyer version of the plasma finish whereas the early model has a much lighter flat/matte surface.

View attachment 90814
That 1st Gen titanium is a beauty!

That's the one I'm after.

Last edited:
Both look sick gen 1 and gen 2, damn I remember those days when I was always in awe of seeing romeos being worn by celebs back in the 90's, remember that douche Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, too old to remember which sequel was that when he had on a pair of Romeo's

Latest Posts

Back