• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ROMEO VAN FROGSKINSTEIN'S FROGSKINS COLLECTION (AND WANTS LIST).

DSC00319.JPG

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00327.JPG

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and sentiments, I am truly appreciative of your comments and feedback. It will be interesting to see how much further Oakley go with the model, and how large serious collections grow with it as a result, there comes a time where you are somehow 'duty bound' to continue, in order to make a collection at the top level it can possibly reach. Even though I had amassed over 1000 pairs of Oakley's, I felt collecting was 'treading water', impossible to keep up with 'everything', hence the reason I decided to part with parts of the collection and just focus on the 3rd Generation, in doing so I feel I have achieved more by being a more specialized collector. I am still missing some major grails, so I will be majorly indebted to anyone who can let go of any pieces within my wants list. Magic to be part of the Forum and to be a part of like minded and knowledgeable enthusiasts, it is a privilege to be a part of your company.
SoulfulFROG thank you for your many complimentary remarks, you are a truly incredible collector yourself, the level of gain you have managed over a relatively short time has probably never been rivaled, and if and when that day comes when you loosen your grip on pieces I need I anticipate doing very pleasurable business with you.

@Romeo Van Frogskinstein , What a true gentleman collector you are. Your post #24 illustrates one of the reasons I stopped lurking and joined here. I wish I could visit you in England and have you walk me through your collection and listen to your stories of getting them. Your passion is evident in every picture and post. Well done, sir, for your collection and your incredible community attitude!!

Thank You!

:)

I couldn't see the tater signature on there so I wasn't sure. What a sick pair regardless

Yes, as Batman_1939 said it is indeed Andrew Petterson #29, the signature is hard to see but in red at the tip of the right stem. A beautiful piece which took many years to find, I would welcome more, especially #5 and #35 which are just 'beyond it'.