• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ROMEO VAN FROGSKINSTEIN'S FROGSKINS COLLECTION (AND WANTS LIST).

I'm gonna go with these are all BNIB pairs that are to remain untouched as collectible.

Though he has pairs he does wear, there are pairs specifically for wearing which he wears obviously. Then there are all the collectible pairs specifically for not wearing which there are a LOT of. ;)

I would lean towards that answer also.
Still curious as to what his 'daily drivers' are though.

So, ya know, let's let the man answer.
:D

Majorly impressive stuff, sir!

The big question though - do you ever wear any of them?

(And if not, what is your usual frame of choice to wear?)

Yes I do wear most, the exceptions being Chrome frames due to evidence the coating can deteriorate, maybe not all do but I wont take the risk. From 1999 when I started to collect I would wear virtually any frame/lens/colour...then from August 2014 I felt defeated in that I could not have 'everything', so decided to specialize, hence chose to collect Frogskins only and to loosen my grip on the rest of the collection that had exceeded 1000 pairs, since then I essentially only wear the 3rd Gen, and the LX and LX (AF) Frogskins. I am meticulous about looking after pieces so there is no condition sufferance through wear, after use each pair is cleaned to the highest standard and returned to the collection.

I'm gonna go with these are all BNIB pairs that are to remain untouched as collectible.

Though he has pairs he does wear, there are pairs specifically for wearing which he wears obviously. Then there are all the collectible pairs specifically for not wearing which there are a LOT of. ;)

Sent from the tunnel in the UK while still digging

Yes near everything is BNIB, but there is the odd piece sub par...a couple of Texas Toast have lens marks but since these are the only pairs I even know of that is not a concern, the rarer the glass, the more you can accept a lower standard of condition, however I have made serious efforts to provide the collection with flawless pieces. I am happy to wear the ultra rare monsters as well as their common counterparts, it just feels that bit more special wearing a Blends or a Bananabeat 1. I wore St Valentine's on my wedding day, it seemed to match that occasion most appropriately.