• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo1 lens color help

@Greatestalltime I shouod be able to snag a few seconds tonight to take a few pics of an Xmetal Ruby R1 and Xmetal 24k R1.

Hopefully it can help you decide between the two

-OR-

Make you decide to either get both sets of lenses so you DON'T have to decide.

-OR-

Make you decide to grab another Xmetal R1 frame for the second set of lenses and HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS :cool-33:

@Greatestalltime I shouod be able to snag a few seconds tonight to take a few pics of an Xmetal Ruby R1 and Xmetal 24k R1.

Hopefully it can help you decide between the two

-OR-

Make you decide to either get both sets of lenses so you DON'T have to decide.

-OR-

Make you decide to grab another Xmetal R1 frame for the second set of lenses and HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS :cool-33:

That would be great @RoTors. I really appreciate it and it will probably make me buy both :drinks:. I'll have a few beers to help me make the best decision for my family.

I'd like to submit some photo evidence to support my claim. I do not have any 24k/XM for a counter argument though.;) My R1 has the "fruby"est lenses I've ever seen, so I included a few more. I'm joining you as well!:drinks:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'd like to submit some photo evidence to support my claim. I do not have any 24k/XM for a counter argument though.;) My R1 has the "fruby"est lenses I've ever seen, so I included a few more. I'm joining you as well!:drinks:
View attachment 269277
View attachment 269279
View attachment 269278
View attachment 269280
Ok. I think you've made my mind up. Those are bad. As in perfect.
Thanks man.

Of all the sites I'm on, for a variety of different subjects, this is the only one where, literally, everyone is cool and extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late submission.

Ruby IS awesome. But 24k is deifinitely up there too.

BEHOLD, The two!!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also if you have access to both wear 'em and see if your eyes likes looking through one or the other.

Doesn't matter which one you pick. Either will look like winners but YOUR eyes will be the ones looking through them.

Sorry for the late submission.

Ruby IS awesome. But 24k is deifinitely up there too.

BEHOLD, The two!!!!

View attachment 269312 View attachment 269313 View attachment 269314 View attachment 269315 View attachment 269316 View attachment 269317 View attachment 269318 View attachment 269319

Also if you have access to both wear 'em and see if your eyes likes looking through one or the other.

Doesn't matter which one you pick. Either will look like winners but YOUR eyes will be the ones looking through them.
Damn. I thought I was settled on Ruby. You're right, they both look great.

Thanks very much for the pics.

Back