• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rookie Question: Douchey Looking Oakleys

My fears of douchebaggery have been unfounded it seems. I do have to make sure white frames would suit me if I'm interested in any. Vault has a pair of Radar Pitch in Pearl frames that look interesting.
I don't think you have to worry about sports frames, it's the lifestyle frames that seem to draw the most concern. Personally the douchiest pair of glasses I've ever seen were White/Ruby Oil Rigs.

I don't think you have to worry about sports frames, it's the lifestyle frames that seem to draw the most concern. Personally the douchiest pair of glasses I've ever seen were White/Ruby Oil Rigs.
Right there with you, I think the worst dbag indicators i have seen were a pair of white pearl batwolfs with ruby lenses. And this guy thought he was so cool he had to flip the collar up on his polo shirt.

My fears of douchebaggery have been unfounded it seems. I do have to make sure white frames would suit me if I'm interested in any. Vault has a pair of Radar Pitch in Pearl frames that look interesting.
If you get them, and you like how they look on you, but not the color, you can always customize them. Several options are available to you in that respect. You can do it yourself (check out the DIY thread), or you can send them out to some of the talented and reputable vendors, here on the forum, that specialize in customizing Oakley eyewear. Good luck!

I have a pair of white gascans that I wear to the pool. There is no way I can rock them out. I'm 31 and I have 2 kids, my douchbaggery days are over. haha

I guess the clear frames, both polished and matte, fall into this category? I think it depends on the person and on the colorway. For example, I don't find the Polished Clear Fuel Cell with Violet Iridium or the Polished Clear Fuel Cell with Chrome Iridium be douchey, but that is just my humble opinion. YMMV.

A friend of mine from the Caribbean said that only guys who swing a certain way wear white frames where he is from and that it is a known fact ("not that there's anything wrong with that"-Seinfeld). He brought it up after seeing a co-worker with white Gascans. I told him white frames don't mean that here and he was quite surprised. I tried on a pair of white Crankcases and my wife brought up the "D word" when she saw them on me.

I rock white monster dogs and pitbulls every once in a while. My wife isn't super fond of either but to me its all about being comfortable with yourself and what your wearing. I am not afraid nor uncomfortable to rock them and if others see me as a Dbag for this then so be it. I live for me not for them. I say if you like the look of a white frame then rock the hell outta them!!

I think I'd look douchey with white lifestyle glasses, but I think I could pull off a matte white radar or flak jacket. Doubtful I'll get one but wouldn't turn it down at right price.

Latest Posts

Back