1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MissFrogger

MissFrogger Oakley Beginner

I came across a pair of rootbeer cyan fades the other day in a store and they are in perfect condition considering how long they have been sitting there and thought about buying them, but they didn't have the micro bag or original box for them.. I might try and get them to give me a bit of a discount off retail but if they couldn't should I even bother?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

The fade series area a great series of Frogskins and not likely to be repeated in quite a while, for me that last great widely available series of frames. Think what came after it, Acids, Blacklights, Acid Tortoise, all pale in comparison in my opinion. We've had over a year of poor choices. I think the Rootbeer/Cyan are great and, if you plan on buying to wear, get them. If it's for collection purposes than without bag and box ain't so good. Bag is obviously easy to get but for collecting you need the tagged box really.

3. MissFrogger

MissFrogger Oakley Beginner

Yeah I would more likely buy them to collect, and even though I don't plan on selling for a long while that box is really important to me as well. I already have the purple/clear fades that I bought from the same store (different location) and they seemed to have no problem finding the box
    That said the micro bag I have a couple extra of anyways but its a reall bummer they don't have the box. I might just go ahead and get em anyways. Press them real hard to look for the box or maybe another store has it if they were transferred for a customer who ended up not wanting them.

4. AlongTheWolves

AlongTheWolves Oakley Beginner

Up there for one of my favourite frames ever imo, do pick them up!