1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. niteowl03

niteowl03 Oakley Beginner

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

I dont believe this has anything to do with it, for now. This was to replace the FJ and another if I remember correctly. I thought about posting it up a couple weeks ago but since it didnt mess with the Oakley deal I blew it off.

3. niteowl03

niteowl03 Oakley Beginner

This is true but historically Nike is a clean sponsor except for the bag which would mean no more Oakley. And the the brand was Titleist

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

He will mostly likely continue to wear Oakley until his contract ends in 2014.

5. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

I was thinking the same thing when i saw this in the news. But even though Nike and Oakley have a lot of overlapping product lines, Oakley is more of a Eyewear company and Nike is more Apparel, so he may continue with both. If he drops Oakley, I think its a low blow since Oakley has sponsored him from very early in his career!

6. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Last I heard was the deal with Oakley stalled and they will not be resigning him because of the money it would cost them. But they're prepared to move on without Rory....

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

If that's true then that's a huge bummer, Rory was one of my favorite athletes.

Oh well, if he wants to be in the same league with Tiger, Kobe and Lance (former Nike athlete) then good for him.

8. Thermonuclear

Thermonuclear Oakley Beginner

Boo - not Nike - I feel like they are the sworn enemy of Oakley - wasn't there a rumor that Jim Jannard punched someone from Nike when Jordan left?

9. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

This is most likely the case. We heard about who will be replacing Rory, can't say who yet, but it will be a quality signing once official.

10. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Don't think it will be much of a loss. All you really saw him wearing on the course was Oakley clothes. Very rarely did he wear the sunglasses over the last couple of years & this is what Oakley are renound for. They should put the money into F1 & do arange of glasses for that, as they do for the Moto GP.