• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rory McIlroy Signs With Nike

I dont believe this has anything to do with it, for now. This was to replace the FJ and another if I remember correctly. I thought about posting it up a couple weeks ago but since it didnt mess with the Oakley deal I blew it off.

I dont believe this has anything to do with it, for now. This was to replace the FJ and another if I remember correctly. I thought about posting it up a couple weeks ago but since it didnt mess with the Oakley deal I blew it off.

This is true but historically Nike is a clean sponsor except for the bag which would mean no more Oakley. And the the brand was Titleist

I was thinking the same thing when i saw this in the news. But even though Nike and Oakley have a lot of overlapping product lines, Oakley is more of a Eyewear company and Nike is more Apparel, so he may continue with both. If he drops Oakley, I think its a low blow since Oakley has sponsored him from very early in his career!

Last I heard was the deal with Oakley stalled and they will not be resigning him because of the money it would cost them. But they're prepared to move on without Rory....

Last I heard was the deal with Oakley stalled and they will not be resigning him because of the money it would cost them. But they're prepared to move on without Rory....

If that's true then that's a huge bummer, Rory was one of my favorite athletes.

Oh well, if he wants to be in the same league with Tiger, Kobe and Lance (former Nike athlete) then good for him.

Boo - not Nike - I feel like they are the sworn enemy of Oakley - wasn't there a rumor that Jim Jannard punched someone from Nike when Jordan left?

This is most likely the case. We heard about who will be replacing Rory, can't say who yet, but it will be a quality signing once official.

Don't think it will be much of a loss. All you really saw him wearing on the course was Oakley clothes. Very rarely did he wear the sunglasses over the last couple of years & this is what Oakley are renound for. They should put the money into F1 & do arange of glasses for that, as they do for the Moto GP.

Latest Posts

Back