• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Round 1 - Juliet Vs X-Squared

Juliet vs. X-Squared

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know. The hammerstems give the Juliet a meaner (as in bada$$) look yet still clean and somewhat simple. The hammerstems on the X Squared faux or not, look awesome and the sunglass would still look bada$$ with or with out them, thanks to the aggressiveness of the rest of the frame... Or at least more bada$$ than the Juliet without hammerstems.

I've always liked the Juliet. It's one of those glasses that anyone who thinks of Oakley, even a layman, thinks of immediately. But when I look at them without hammers, they look as if something is missing.

My choice was also based on the fit. Now... I only tried the Juliets on... I'm still to find an X Squared in my country, so for that one, I'm basing myself on the look of it on other people on photos. I can't pull off a good look with the Juliet and I tend to prefer lenses in the format of the X Squared (more rectangular, with rounded edges), so ever so slightly and given that I can't judge the X Squared properly, I picked them because I simply like the its look a bit better than the Juliet.

fair enough. i guess because the Juliets fit me pretty well and they were my dailys for quite a long while.. im in the juliet camp. saying that, i'm yet to try the x-squared a proper try, but generally not a fan of squared lenses (hence not a fan of the square-O line.. with some exceptions). for me the x-metal line (and all oaks, really..) is the heavy influence of sculpting art, and about the curves. x-squared is just too.. square.

I have close to 30 Juliets and probably 8 x squared, so I'm definitely a Juliet guy, and love the hammer stems, so I made myself some customs.
Juliet_xmetalhammer_ruby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back