• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rubber Parts for jet intake aka icon filler

They have been around for a while, at least a few months - I have only ever seen them on eBay... different colors, some glow in the dark - they don't strike me as anything I would ever want to try :confused:

I think the jet intake is one of my favorite x-metal features, especially when displayed. Filling them seems tacky. Kinda like some of the ridiculous cheap crap people put on vehicles. I like a clean look, cheap crap looks, well... cheap!

...and I think they look like crap!

(you wanted comments, yes?)

I agree with the "crap" statements... It's just a hole they wanted to fill ;) I would hope people that own juliets (or any x metal for that matter) would have enough self respect to not desecrate their shades with these things...

"To the knowledge of DG Mods up until the release of this product there has not been ANY product EVER made for the JET INTAKES other than a movie prop in the movie MI-2 in the color red on the Romeo 1 as worn by Tom Cruise. There are many collectors who love to frequently wear their X Metals with many of them who change out lenses and parts often. Enthusiasts have dubbed such collectors X Metal Heads. They may have many new parts and lenses to change to a new color scheme as often as desired and showcase them any time they decide to wear them. Like wearing a high quality "eau de toilette" they sometimes receive welcomed appraisal from someone in a response like "nice eyes!" DG Mods rubber parts are made and intended for all types of collectors for those who want to display in a glass case and those who frequently wear them and those that do both."

Ok - I guess I'm an X-Metal Head?... let me grab my "eau de toilette"

"The Lowdown
There was years of dedication, of resources and of numerous substantial investments that were required to make this part available. At this time, we are now producing these parts continually in what we consider high volume. They are scheduled to be made available in excess of 30 different color choices. The best selling colors are highest priority. Please notice that the pricing structure at the chart down below is NOT negotiable. Before inquiring, notice the pricing chart below which provides a discount depending on quantity."

High volume? Yeah, I get it.. they're way, way high!

"X Metals some food for thought
The first X Metal models were released in the late 90's and since then jewelry trends have adopted fashioning titanium such as titanium engagement rings, titanium chains and pendants. It would be a safe assessment that X Metals helped inspire the trend of wearing titanium and according to Oakley, X Metals are hypoallergenic. As another benefit, titanium alloys have much less trouble with corrosion as precious metals do so they are much easier to maintain..."

Mathematically it was closer to the mid-90's... a couple of fair points otherwise.

"Placing an order for 5 or more sets?"
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

o_O

/me: clicks 'Post Reply' then goes to throw up :sad:

Oh, I'm certainly not considering them - I was political in my OP, showing I didn't care for them without trashing them outright, wanted to see what the forum thought. Because, though they're not my style, perhaps the majority opinion differs...

More comments? Anybody want to play devil's advocate and support them? Anyone else want to rag on them? Bring it on!

I guess the jet intake only hints at Oakley and for the great unwashed, it would perhaps not be clear that your x-metals were indeed Oakleys. So maybe there is a market for people who want to draw attention to the Oakley symbol on their metals. Maybe. Doesn't look like we are that market at least!

Back