1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

when you buy Oakley rubber there is some kind of lubricant they arrive in.What do you think it is ?
    some kind of silicone to keep them pliable? I want to keep all my extra rubber from drying out in storage.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Never noticed any lubricant on mine. Heat, UV, and oxygen are the enemy. I would keep them sealed, in a cool dark place.

3. RonkPM

RonkPM Oakley Enthusiast

Same here. All the Juliet rubbers I have are all dry. Now under the rubbers on my glasses, both metals and o-matter, it looks like Oakley used something to help install them. Reminds me of lithium grease.

4. You sure that isn't just the sweat and skin oils the rubber has absorbed over time coming out the other side?

All the rubber kits I have came in a piece of foam cut to fit them with no type of coating or anything on them, just dry.

5. THE X-MAN

yea ....all of mine from headquartes had some kind of clear silicone on the inside of the bag.ill keep them in a sealed bag and call it a day I guess

6. RonkPM

RonkPM Oakley Enthusiast

It could be on my older pairs, but one of my brand new Juliet's had the grease behind the nose pads.

7. THE X-MAN

I think its mold release.they spray the molds with a release agent before injecting in the rubber so upon curing and opening the mold they don't stick...damn I think I just answered my own question