• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rubber Question

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
when you buy Oakley rubber there is some kind of lubricant they arrive in.What do you think it is ?
some kind of silicone to keep them pliable? I want to keep all my extra rubber from drying out in storage.

Never noticed any lubricant on mine. Heat, UV, and oxygen are the enemy. I would keep them sealed, in a cool dark place.

Same here. All the Juliet rubbers I have are all dry. Now under the rubbers on my glasses, both metals and o-matter, it looks like Oakley used something to help install them. Reminds me of lithium grease.

Same here. All the Juliet rubbers I have are all dry. Now under the rubbers on my glasses, both metals and o-matter, it looks like Oakley used something to help install them. Reminds me of lithium grease.
You sure that isn't just the sweat and skin oils the rubber has absorbed over time coming out the other side?

All the rubber kits I have came in a piece of foam cut to fit them with no type of coating or anything on them, just dry.

yea ....all of mine from headquartes had some kind of clear silicone on the inside of the bag.ill keep them in a sealed bag and call it a day I guess

You sure that isn't just the sweat and skin oils the rubber has absorbed over time coming out the other side?

All the rubber kits I have came in a piece of foam cut to fit them with no type of coating or anything on them, just dry.
It could be on my older pairs, but one of my brand new Juliet's had the grease behind the nose pads.

I think its mold release.they spray the molds with a release agent before injecting in the rubber so upon curing and opening the mold they don't stick...damn I think I just answered my own question

Back