• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Clear From Linegear, Any Comments?

mega8zero

Oakley Enthusiast
I am planning on getting linegear ruby clear lenses on my juliets, but i am not sure if it would be like the ruby clear lenses I had on my oakley unknowns way back. Has anyone tried those from linegear? Thank you guys for your help. :)

Funnily enough, I was wearing mine today. Normally a display pair really, but today was quite overcast. Partway down the page here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/juliet-purchases-since-joining-the-forum.30019/page-2

All my other lenses are OEM, either straight factory or custom cut, but there didn't appear many options for ruby clear.

The Linegears are thicker than OEM, but still a good fit in the Juliet. Straight ahead, optical quality seems fine but there is some blurriness when you look to the edges without moving your head. Maybe the base curve or taper correction is a little out.

For me they make a nice curio but I wouldn't rely on them day in day out - luckily I have plenty of OEM lenses for that!

Funnily enough, I was wearing mine today. Normally a display pair really, but today was quite overcast. Partway down the page here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/juliet-purchases-since-joining-the-forum.30019/page-2

All my other lenses are OEM, either straight factory or custom cut, but there didn't appear many options for ruby clear.

The Linegears are thicker than OEM, but still a good fit in the Juliet. Straight ahead, optical quality seems fine but there is some blurriness when you look to the edges without moving your head. Maybe the base curve or taper correction is a little out.

For me they make a nice curio but I wouldn't rely on them day in day out - luckily I have plenty of OEM lenses for that!

My Ruby Clear Juliet lenses were cut from a Crosshair....the only known oem donor IIRC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407269046.144952.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407269066.762029.jpg

Thank for your your comments guys. Appreciate it. Btw, Does anyone know anyone who would sell custom cut ruby cleear. Really want to get my hands on them. If i cant find a custom cut i think i might just go down that linegear road. I have oem lenses on all my juliets and one deep red from linegear.

Thank for your your comments guys. Appreciate it. Btw, Does anyone know anyone who would sell custom cut ruby cleear. Really want to get my hands on them. If i cant find a custom cut i think i might just go down that linegear road. I have oem lenses on all my juliets and one deep red from linegear.

InfiniteHero and xmetalmaniac do custom cuts. IH can source your donors (if they're still available from Oakley); I don't know if xmetalmaniac offers that too, maybe; you'd have to ask him. Both do a great job.

It really just depends if suitable donors are available. Dyeraudio said the only ones for Ruby Clear were from a crosshair - if they're no longer available from Oakley (I don't know) then you'll likely have to find them yourself...

IIRC Oakley Ruby Clear was only offered in 3-4 models...Why, Unknown, Crosshair & ? The inside of my lenses look the same as the outside.

Latest Posts

Back