• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Iridium Collection

Yoshida

Oakley Enthusiast
Vancouver, BC
Hello folks!
Some pictures here from my collection.

I have to apologize because these pics are not updated, I had some other stuff added here but I lost the pictures when I sent my Blackberry for repair. I disassembled everything because I'm in the middle of a ongoing moving project from Montréal to here, so everything is in boxes as I write... sorry, when I finish the move and assemble everything I'll upload the REAL thing. In the meantime...

- The case is IKEA :) I think I'll start looking for an Oakley display in another moment, I'd rather invest in glasses right now.

- I also added in the list some Ferrari models (Carbon Blade, StyleSwitch, Canteen), a couple from the Fallout series (Breadbox and Two-Face). On top of that I also have a Frogskins LX pair, the Jupiter with the red frame and a Batwolf (I was looking for the Spain Edition for this one but couldn't find it...it would go amazingly well with my Fuel Cell England Edition... :/). Crap, there's a lot of lag between the picture and what it really is... :(

- Warrant Vancouver Olympics Special Edition! I love this piece!!! My n. is 033 if I remember correctly.

- First 2015 purchases - from today!: Turbine Grey Ink [Ruby Iridium] + Badman Dark Carbon [Ruby Iridium]. The Madman wasn't available... ARGH

- as I wrote in my introduction post, the 24K and the Romeo 2.0 Gary Scelzi are not Rubies but they deserve a special place for being in the X-METAL family :D

- PENDING STUFF (as of February 2015)
Chainlink Matte Black [Ruby Iridium]
Fives Squared Polished White [Ruby Iridium]
Madman Dark Carbon [Ruby Iridium]
[Echelon] Jawbone Vented Ruby - **** it's going to be hard to find these...
[Echelon] RADAR Vented Ruby - **** it's going to be hard to find these (2)...
... not looking for any watch in particular but I'm open on this department.

- Half-X [Ruby Iridium] ? - I still have doubts about this one. It does NOT have a Ruby Iridium edition, you could request one via the Custom shop at the time they released it. But I'm not in for custom stuff. The only custom pair I have is the Ducati Juliet where I replaced the Black for Ruby Iridium lenses, I just wanted see how they would go with the red Unobtainium. And that's why it sits with the Double-X and the Romeo 2.0 and not the other X-METAL Rubies. On the other hand, it IS an X-METAL in the end of the day rite? So I'm into buying a pair of these or I'm not anymore, it depends on the day. I guess I could take some opinions on this matter. Your take on this, fellow Ruby fans?

Thanks people! I'll wait for your feedback on the Half-X.

Note: There this dude here: NEW 100 Authentic Oakley X Metal Half X Sunglasses Polished Chrome Ruby | eBay but I'm not decided yet.

DSCN2100.JPG

DSCN2101.JPG

DSCN2102.JPG

DSCN2103.JPG

DSCN2105.JPG

Awesome collection! The IKEA Display case is nice, there are several members here that use them. You have really nice pieces, good luck on your hunt for the Echelon radar, and Jawbone, those are sweet pairs! I've seen them on EBay. There is nothing wrong with custom Ruby from Oakley. I've seen a lot of great custom pairs on here. Just because they are custom does not make them any less an Oakley product! I hope this helps :drinks:

I do like a collection with a strong central theme and iridium colour is not one we see often, though we sometimes do see shelves arranged by it. Nice collection!!

Latest Posts

Back