• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Iridium

350nick

Oakley Expert
I'm just wanting some advice on ruby iridium. I recently got a pair of gen 1 x metal/black iridium juliets and I'm considering getting some ruby lenses as an alternative look.

Is the ruby noticeably different to look through than black iridium or is it the same base lens? This is my 1st pair of black iridium and I really like them to look through.

Another thing I'm wondering is if new ruby lenses are even worthwhile as I hear the colour is closer to fire these days. Another option would just be a new pair of black lenses as the original set have a few scratches (don't seem to have any real effect on clarity, but I'd like them perfect!)

Any opinions much appreciated. I love the x metal finish on the frame.

Ruby is a neutral lens too, but it does have a noticeable blue cast compared to black iridium. You get used to it quickly enough but you will notice a difference when (if) you switch.

If you find somewhere that has them in stock, maybe you can rummage through for the least fruby pair. I got some great red ones in January, ordered direct from the Oakley site but that was pot luck...

I actually just picked up a pair of ruby lenses for my juliet's this weekend. What Lexkempo and Carrera1963 said is correct. BI is grey looking and the ruby has a blue tint to it.

I get why people call them "fruby" as when you look at certain angles they are definitely fire looking.

IMG_20140818_155932b.jpg

I like the sound of the blue tint, I might be interested if they're different.

I wasn't sure about having 2 lenses that only looked different from the outside.

I think Oakley UK have some to order online but I might try getting in touch and requesting the reddest they can find in stock. Worth a try maybe!

Haha, sorry if this is spammy or self-serving, but I made a video about the different Oakley lens colors that I think would help you out. Just skip to 12:40 for the ruby iridium section.

Latest Posts

Back