• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Or Ice On X-Metal Finish?

X-Metal lens, Ice or Ruby?

• Ice

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Ruby

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
Not mine.
oadn29.jpg

akhcgk.jpg

well the lenses swap easily enough- get a whole bunch and keep swapping as you feel like!

no such thing as the wrong lens in an xmetal as ling as its oem.

i do fancy the ice polarised in my xmetal. stealthy. imo carbon frames suit bright lenses (24k, fire etc)

the ruby you'll find is way over-done. every other guy has it. makes it boring, its not special anymore. any xmetal noob (no offense, i do mean just newcomers) will immediately go for an xmetal ruby juliet. i mean, I did too. ice is an awesome lens, as is emerald, as is gold and vr28 BI.

well the lenses swap easily enough- get a whole bunch and keep swapping as you feel like!

no such thing as the wrong lens in an xmetal as ling as its oem.

i do fancy the ice polarised in my xmetal. stealthy. imo carbon frames suit bright lenses (24k, fire etc)

the ruby you'll find is way over-done. every other guy has it. makes it boring, its not special anymore. any xmetal noob (no offense, i do mean just newcomers) will immediately go for an xmetal ruby juliet. i mean, I did too. ice is an awesome lens, as is emerald, as is gold and vr28 BI.

Thanks for your candor. And don't worry, no offense taken by me. I actually enjoy hearing your inputs. I guess I'll just alternate Ruby and Ice on the X-Metal frame from time to time. I'll see if I can get some Violet Iridium lenses for the Carbon. Ruby is the brightest I can use on it. Any color brighter than that has too much contrast for me. But thanks so much for confirming what I initially thought... the X-Metal/Ruby combination is a bit too overused. Then again, maybe its popularity comes from the fact that it looks really nice.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back