• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RUINED LENS !

charlie4

Oakley Beginner
New Jersey
So i was lucky enough to acquire a vintage razorblades lens the other day in orange iridium. The lens came in, it was perfect; original vintage lens in original box. I started to put it in the frame and WTF ! The finish on the lens above and around the nose piece wrinkled. The lens is ruined.
Does anyone know if this happened because the lens was so old or what ? I got so angry i broke the lens in half and threw it out. Just looking for an answer at this point. Hopefully somebody knows why. Thanks

I suspect it was more due to the lenses not being cared for more thoroughly: from what I've learned of vintage stuff, it's great at the time but you're talking about, what 30 odd years.

Yeah, close to 30 i guess. If I want something like that, I'd be better off trying to find one already in the frame. Just sucks, been waiting for a find like this for a long time. The search goes on ! Thanks

Yeah, close to 30 i guess. If I want something like that, I'd be better off trying to find one already in the frame. Just sucks, been waiting for a find like this for a long time. The search goes on ! Thanks

Sorry I can't offer you more than words of consolment but make sure you've learnt from this situation. I've been 'in your shoes' with Trenchcoats for instance and their flimsy Earstem hinges.Just, the next time you get them, use all means to ensure you touch them as little as possible (maybe wear some polythene gloves) using a microclear bag for delicacy. Do you have to take them out of the box?........

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back