• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rumor: New X-Metal

Will you acquire the new release if it exists?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn. i was at the Vault today and i forgot to ask if they heard anything about new x-metals. the guy there even asked to look at my xmetal/ruby XS that was on my head and i didn't remember to ask. lol. i fail.

No matter the product, I have heard enough "A store manager told me" stories that ended up not happening to pretty much never believe store managers on upcoming products.

damn. i was at the Vault today and i forgot to ask if they heard anything about new x-metals. the guy there even asked to look at my xmetal/ruby XS that was on my head and i didn't remember to ask. lol. i fail.
Same thing happened to me! I went with the intention of asking today and forgot... Amazing how tanks full of O-Matter can make you forget what your doing. That's what happened to me anyway, got side tract pretty fast.

therecanbeonlyone.jpg

Straight from regional manager for the Seattle area Oakley stores. " New "xmetal" will be magnesium. It's not real xmetal, but it's going to be what fills that gap. And marketed as such. The models that are prototyped now are the madman and badman. Badman has a similar cat eye configuration as the Juliette, Madman will resemble the Mars round configuration. The release, if it happens will be early/mid 2015 as of right now. There will be no more true xmetal (titanium alloy). The hazmat byproduct produced was too difficult to dispose of, and the value per unit was not fesable, also, there are absolutely no plans for a new plant capable to produce the frames in the United states."

I've been a long time lurker, and this is my first post. I believe this man. He has seen the prototypes in person. You can believe me if you want, I just figured it was best to spread out he word I received from a reliable source.

that is exactly what i have been saying...thank you Ry for backing me up.

Straight from regional manager for the Seattle area Oakley stores. " New "xmetal" will be magnesium. It's not real xmetal, but it's going to be what fills that gap. And marketed as such. The models that are prototyped now are the madman and badman. Badman has a similar cat eye configuration as the Juliette, Madman will resemble the Mars round configuration. The release, if it happens will be early/mid 2015 as of right now. There will be no more true xmetal (titanium alloy). The hazmat byproduct produced was too difficult to dispose of, and the value per unit was not fesable, also, there are absolutely no plans for a new plant capable to produce the frames in the United states."

I've been a long time lurker, and this is my first post. I believe this man. He has seen the prototypes in person. You can believe me if you want, I just figured it was best to spread out he word I received from a reliable source.
Oh shhiiiiiiiii.... If this is 'true'... I'd so buy a Madman ...

Where are you located in WA? I was just up at the vault in tulalip and didn't hear much but was at the southcenter mall store and the manager told me a similar story.

So, exactly what we've believed, that the factory will never be reopened and real x-metals are never coming back.

And, exactly what we've been afraid of, a different, inferior(?) product hijacking the brand name.

Well, let's see what they look like when they come out. Maybe they'll be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back