• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RUMOR: Oakley To Discontinue Holbrooks

whirrx

Oakley Beginner
Please take this for what it is, a rumor, but a good friend and my local rep at the O Store had his DM in town yesterday and there were rumblings of discontinuing the Holbrook! Anyone else heard anything like this?

My buddy and I were both in shock about that. I would be devastated. Who knows. Maybe they'll just start making Factory Lite versions of everything. :laugh:

The overall look is pretty good, but they're pretty ****ty in terms of quality and finish. If they had a metal hinge or something such that the little studs had actual function and weren't just poorly molded bumps I'd have 100x more respect for them.

They could have done any number of little temple details that would set them off as a killer pair, but they did a retro style that is just a facade and falls flat.

I can agree with that rust, and they are less versatile for Special Editions than, say, Jupiter Squared. But I always liked the look of the brooks

Just when I started weaning myself off frogs and onto the brooks. The Holbrook LX do come with metal hinges. Just that the frames are made with acetate instead if O matter.

Holbrooks have now overtaken Frogskins as the number one seller for Oakley in most markets. Seeing as Oakley is run by Luxotica, and Luxotica are all about the money, why would they discontinue their best selling product? Seems a very silly rumour to me.

I believe, and this is still all just rumors, that it has to do with the fact that they have to pay Shawn White a little bit of money for every pair they sell. That's the only possible way I can see them getting rid of such a strong seller

Back