• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Running Wisdom

mrg361512

Oakley Beginner
Austin, Tx
So I like to think of myself as somewhat in shape, sure I've gained weight after college but I try to stay as active as possible. I have a friend who had been wanting to run a half marathon but kept backing out because nobody would run with him...so I took it upon myself to help him and challenge myself. Is there anyone out there with any running advice? I've started off slow, we have until December and I've been running about 3 to 3.5 miles daily. Any advice to increase mileage/endurance for these types of runs?

So I like to think of myself as somewhat in shape, sure I've gained weight after college but I try to stay as active as possible. I have a friend who had been wanting to run a half marathon but kept backing out because nobody would run with him...so I took it upon myself to help him and challenge myself. Is there anyone out there with any running advice? I've started off slow, we have until December and I've been running about 3 to 3.5 miles daily. Any advice to increase mileage/endurance for these types of runs?
The harder it gets to run.....just pretend the PO PO is chasing you and you are facing life if they catch you. :D

Seriously though. It's like everything else....you have to build your body up to it and make it stronger.

I'm sure we have some fitness instructors here but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is @flippj

Remind not to visit Germany lol JK - I spent 1 day in Frankfurt but the weather kept me in the Airport. I would like to revisit some day

It's an ass joke - popo means ass in German, and your ass is always behind you...

Unless you're kissing it goodbye... ;)

(Thank you google translate...)

Back