• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rust Decay Fuel Cell And Breadbox Pricing

After the "limited" polished Machine watches that were everywhere, I have trouble trusting the limited tag attached to anything from the eyetalian company. Love the sunglasses though.
Since the takeover, I've always found that Oakley's numbers were always sketchy ...

Like the MM's for example... What was it? Like 150 world wide?

I seen so many in the three stores in my area to make up for 5% of the worlds supply ... All that in one city? We ain't that important...

Second example are my Osheaga GR's ... Allegedly 100 made and sold out within the 3 day festival to Artists and fans...

But 9 months later there's a steady supply of the frames available from the Festivals official merch company...

I think they ( Oakley) say a lot of things out loud and then whisper the fine print when were not listening...

ONLY 150 MADE EVER!!!! .... this week ...

LIMITED EDITION!!! ... three million produced ...

Rusty sunglasses are apparently labor intensive to produce. And they're charging a kazillion for them. I think it'll be a self-limiting thing...

A regional manager in my area has been telling store management a crazy story regarding the price point of the Fallout collection. According to him, the type of rust they're using, or the process to create it is brand new, and had to undergo testing by the US government before it could be approved for sale. Thus, to pay for certifying the stuff, the cost got passed on to the consumer.

Sounds extremely fishy to me. Anyone else heard any other explanations for the pricing?

A regional manager in my area has been telling store management a crazy story regarding the price point of the Fallout collection. According to him, the type of rust they're using, or the process to create it is brand new, and had to undergo testing by the US government before it could be approved for sale. Thus, to pay for certifying the stuff, the cost got passed on to the consumer.

Sounds extremely fishy to me. Anyone else heard any other explanations for the pricing?
I was told the # they produced was cut; the increase in price was a micro economics 101 test question.

Nobody I've talked to has an authoritative answer on how many were produced, so that explanation holds zero credibility...

I was told the # they produced was cut; the increase in price was a micro economics 101 test question.

Nobody I've talked to has an authoritative answer on how many were produced, so that explanation holds zero credibility...

Either via FB or Instagram I vaguely rem Brian Takumi saying 1000 per model was produced.

Oakley website confirms 1000 now:
3c07460f356de4c99479cd95b2b77e2c.jpg

They'll still be in vaults in time
Probably... but if so, I bet it won't be more than a couple hundred... the well heeled faithful will buy a couple hundred+; employees will use their discounts and incentives for several hundred+, particularly when if the price is dropped a bit...