• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rust Decay Fuel Cell And Breadbox Pricing

The reason for the high price point is not only because of the availability but because of the actual finish itself is much more unique in the process that they are made.

From what I understand the top tier is a lot longer process in that they actually "rust" them and then they cover them in a clear coat while the others are a paint but definitely don't quote me on that one.

From what I understand the top tier is a lot longer process in that they actually "rust" them and then they cover them in a clear coat while the others are a paint but definitely don't quote me on that one.

Regular FC's cost around 150-170... Add maybe another 100-130 to 'rust' em... Worst case they'll cost 300... But 500$

What'd they use to rust it? Virgin unicorn tears?

S
So how are they rusting an o-matter frame? Or is this a metal FC? And if so, why would you want it rusted anyway? Even if you clear coat the thing, the metal will keep rusting from the inside.

My only guess would be that the finish is powdered rust mixed in with clearcoat and sprayed onto the frame. But why would that be expensive? Rust isn't exactly a highly sought after commodity.

S

So how are they rusting an o-matter frame? Or is this a metal FC? And if so, why would you want it rusted anyway? Even if you clear coat the thing, the metal will keep rusting from the inside.

My only guess would be that the finish is powdered rust mixed in with clearcoat and sprayed onto the frame. But why would that be expensive? Rust isn't exactly a highly sought after commodity.
Word!