• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rust Decay Fuel Cell - Interest?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hey guys so I have a pair of rust decay fuel cells and I was wondering if I decided to sell them, who would be interested? They're basically brand new always kept in the case inside the microfiber cloth.

Some people reacted to this post.
Good luck as they don't seem to sell very well. One pair has sat on the board for a while. Several on my local Craigslist and not even sure what's on ebay. I will say this, don't expect to get what you paid for them, or more.

You are definitely better off keeping them

It's so interesting how some pieces are hits and some are flops. I have both the fuel cell and breadbox and expected them to be collection pieces...I agree with the other board members. The rust decay aren't getting much love from after market. Good luck on the 15 posts. I'm still getting to my 15 so I can start selling my collection here on the forum :D

Username Hidden said:
But I see those rust decay models being offered for $300 & up on eBay. But again I don't see them getting sold though.
I.e. less than half what they sold for originally. Or at least the original RRP.

Ouch...plastic is such a dirty word to Oakley!

"Omatter". Hehe

They actually artificially created rust and adhered it to the omatter frame

caine_and_master_po_candles.jpg

These are one of those pairs, that will be a hot ticket in a few years. like 60s mopars, no one wanted anything to do with them until the mid nineties,

Username Hidden said:
LMAO, "Omatter" from now on. Easy to tell that I'm new in here, huh?

It's ok. I have been corrected myself. Plastic makes you think of Tupperware...ya know? Jim Jannard would have a cow lol

Username Hidden said:
So which models did Oakley put out with the rust decay look? Non of the xmetals? I would love to have a rust decay Juliet
Fuel Cell and Breadbox. A number of members have done customs of other models too. Ronk's frogskin is, I think, better than the official Oakleys achieved: My Experiments In Rust | Oakley Forum

There have been a number of Juliets done. Not sure if anyone is still doing them - custom rust was all the rage for a while, but it's died down since...