• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rust Decay Fuel Cell - Interest?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
It's ok. I have been corrected myself. Plastic makes you think of Tupperware...ya know? Jim Jannard would have a cow lol
Yup......plastic is what you put your groceries in ...... or garbage. ;)

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I like the look of the penny copper pairs, although matte would make them kind of rust. You seem to know plenty about xmetals; the shape of the penny copper seems very similar to the Juliet, yet they're not considered Juliet. What am I missing? Sorry for all the questions, but Trying to learn more since I'm seeing some of you in here with some awesome pieces that I had never seen before, and I have owned about 30 different models of Oakleys (currently 8, but 2 are Juliet, so 7)
45 pairs of Juliets makes you pretty familiar with the model ;) Ever wonder what 39 pairs of Juliets look like? | Oakley Forum

Added a few since.

Pennies are similar to Juliets but you'll soon spot the differences - different orbital shape (more pointed), smaller orbitals and smaller overall, different hinge and a sort of lip on the orbitals near the nose.

Let's see if I can try to answer this and not be super confusing(as Oakley likes to be sometimes):

First, I will start with, Oakley likes to play with different materials to make their glasses. Currently they have some out that are a "flat metal", they have some carbon fiber frames, they have some "omatter" :), and many others.

The X-Metal was a designation for a "family" of glasses that were made from different metals that they were combining together. My recollection was 5 metals combined together.

Here is a few links that may be of use to you

School me on Juliet's | Oakley Forum

O-Review
click on "X-Metal" in the left column

(cool marketing video about X-Metal)

(the last X-Metal pour at their facility in Nevada)

I have seen a pair they dropped into a fire. The rubbers and the lens melted but the frame was fine.

Username Hidden said:
One thing that confuses me is that some Juliet's are "xmetal" and some are not, and I still don't know how to figure that out.

The confusion is due to multiple uses for the term x-metal.

X-metal is a product line of eight frames (plus two more recently launched that only have the name in common with the originals)

X-metal is also a material, an alloy of five metals, primarily titanium (of which all eight original frames are made of but the two new ones are not)

X-metal is also a finish color, a matte dark grey.

So all Juliets are x-metals as they are part of the x-metal product line and made of the x-metal material, but not all Juliets have the x-metal finish color.

Or, to obfuscate Kronin's reply unhelpfully, all Juliets are x-metals and made of x-metal but not all are x-metal :D

Username Hidden said:
I also recently purchased a pair of Badman, and I was told that those are made primarily of carbon fiber and some titanium.

Yeah, whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. The Madman and Badman are made of aluminum and o-matter (plastic). No Ti, no CF.

Username Hidden said:
Yeah, whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. The Madman and Badman are made of aluminum and o-matter (plastic). No Ti, no CF.
Plenty of hopes, dreams, wings, and prayers though.

Username Hidden said:
Plenty of hopes, dreams, wings, and prayers though.

Still a cool pair!