• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rust decay plate

What ever happened to that guy? :rofl:

The next morning the mods found the "nobody" account he was using on that thread was a duplicate and it was deleted. I don't know if he continued to participate on the forum with his original account, or what his original account username was (even though I know his real-life name, along with other personal details... ;))

But I posted that parody because this thread kinda reminded me of it - it's interesting when a member here openly posts a DIY that didn't come out well, people tend to be kind. While if someone posts an external link (such as ebay) to the same sort of thing, we go crazy trashing it.

But sometimes that item posted externally is actually from a forum member, who may see the "trashing" thread. What happens then? Ideally, he comes out with something like "hey guys that's mine, sorry you don't like it" and then everybody backs off. Or, he says nothing at all and the thread eventually dies.

Or he could argue with the critics, which is fair enough. But on the "nobody" thread I was parodying, the guy didn't have the balls to argue in the open, instead created an anonymous duplicate account to hide behind...

Hey!!! I made those!!! I bribed a cop to let me take them off a dead guy at the scene of a motorcycle accident, only cost me $20. And then I had to scrub dried blood off of them, and that took FOREVER!

Then I did the job in my parent's garage, because I still live at home with them. After I got tired of toking up and playing x-box. And they look great! I was gonna charge $1000, because that's what they're really worth now, but decided to try the German market first for 500 Euros...

All your criticisms hurt my feelings... :cry: Screw you guys... :mad-35: Auf Wiedersehen!!!!

holy crap what did I miss...

I feel like I should remember this, and probably even posted in the thread.

Yeah it's harder to follow it now because all of "nobody"s posts are deleted. But where he was quoted by another member, you can still see some of what he said...
I forgot all about that post. Freakin nailed the multiple account theory off the bat. *pats self on back*

Nice find, they did good work, but doesn't quite suite the whole picture... just seems off.

Latest Posts

Back