• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rustpot And EBay - This Is Getting Ridiculous.

OOOOOOH the plot thickens.

I just got a message. A few days after leaving negative feedback I got this gem in my inbox;

"So I refund your money then you leave me negative feedback... You must be new to eBay. Your supposed to contact the seller 1st before immediately opening up a complaint. I would have worked it out with you if you would have just contacted me. Thanks for nothing. Send my glasses back ASAP."

From here I can draw two conclusions:

1- When I tried to 'contact seller' for 'item not as described' and marked 'item is fake or counterfeit' eBay didn't send the body of my message. Regardless the seller would see the reason being "fake or counterfeit" and not "condition worse than described" or whatever, right?

2- He's a big blowhard. eBay didn't tell me to send them back.

So what do I do? Call eBay and ask WTF to do? Or just send him the ****ty fakes back and take a dump in the box before I tape it up?

I replied to the effect of:
"I contacted you, saying these were fake. Condition notwithstanding, they're fake.

"And yes, you sold me fakes in deplorable condition (not GoodUsedCondition or excellent as you called them) and refunded my money. I warned people that you did that to me by leaving you negative feedback"

Then I went on to say I hope it's a misunderstanding and ebay didn't send my message telling him they're fake.

We'll see what's up next..

In the interest of full disclosure, here is my latest response:

I contacted seller with "item not as described" and wrote to you saying these glasses are fake. Their condition notwithstanding, they're fake. As in counterfeit and sold as genuine and deceitful. And they're in absolutely deplorable condition, not "GoodUsedCondition" or "Excellent" which you used to describe them. When I marked the reason as being "fake or counterfeit" ebay automatically opened the case. Your response of "I told you they were cracked, you should have read the description" (or something akin to that) means you took very little care in reading why I was contacting you about this matter.

I haven't sent the glasses back yet. The oakley store I went to and verified these as counterfeit advised me to destroy fakes and never return them to be resold. My message said you could have them back if you wanted but you didn't mention that in your response, and I have no idea where to send them.

So yeah, you refunding me after completely lying about the item is what you should have done. Warning people you're an ass who sells fakes by leaving a negative feedback is what I should do.

Hopefully this is a huge misunderstanding, and perhaps the content of my initial message was not delivered to you for some reason and instead ebay opened a case for this. Regardless, if you want them back please let me know where to send them and I will ship them out on Monday.

well i can tell you be careful. it does not matter if they rip you off or not, if you file too many (too many being 3)not as described complaints, ebay will threaten to suspend you. and they will erase all of the negative feedback you have left for these d-bags. it is kinda sickening but that is how ebay does things.

well i can tell you be careful. it does not matter if they rip you off or not, if you file too many (too many being 3)not as described complaints, ebay will threaten to suspend you. and they will erase all of the negative feedback you have left for these d-bags. it is kinda sickening but that is how ebay does things.
I've done about 5-6. Only 2 have gone through eBay resolution.

Back