• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
After a few recent additions, a few recent sales, and a pair of Batwolfs lost to an experiment I've hit a lull where I can't buy until I've sold. So I think it's a good time to take stock and see what's in the stable.

Even with a lowly 10+ pairs I feel like I have more than I can wear in regular rotation, so I think I'm going to thin out 2-3 pairs I won't wear to make room for some I will and free up the money to go after an XMetal.

*Pro M Frame shooting array - matte black frames with white icons and socks. G26, VR50, and Clear Strike lenses.
*New Frogskin - matte clear with black iridium
*(2) SI M Frame 2.0 frames - matte black with (2) clear and (2) grey ballistic Strike lenses
*(2) SI M Frames - matte black with clear, grey, and VR28 Strike, Ice and black iridium polarized Heater lenses
*SI Radar frame - matte black with persimmon Pitch and gold vented Range lenses
*SI Half Jacket matte black with VR28 and grey polarized XLJ lenses
*SI Ten - matte black with VR28 black iridium polarized
*Radar XL Blades - crystal red with +Red
*Tens - 10W40 with VR28
*XX Twenty - black with black iridium polarized

Pictured in the back
*SI Laptop Bag
*SI Assault Gloves, XXL black
*About a dozen micro bags
*Cleaning kit

Not pictured
*SI Assault Boot, 6" desert
*SI Assault Shoe, black
*Supercoil sandal
*Casing boot

IMG_0887.jpg

Update June 17 - see post #6 for details
IMG_0932.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 232
Nice to see your collection growing!
How you like your XX Twenty?
They are my favorite frame!

A different pair in the same colorway was my first set in ~'04 and I LOVED them until I came to grips that they were just too small for me. If they were taller and a little more full cut they'd be great, but as is they're just not cuttin it. This pair was given to me by a friend since the lenses are shot and the frame is loose and well used. They're not being used, but they really have no value outside the frame being used for a custom project or sold for parts.

very nice collection! nice to see you finally posted it up!

i was also thinking of letting go of some of my pairs, but is hard to do it!

very nice collection! nice to see you finally posted it up!

i was also thinking of letting go of some of my pairs, but is hard to do it!

I already have the old school Tens up for sale. I'm thinking about selling the Radar XL since it's just not as sleek feeling as my matte/gold pair. I feel the need for carbon fiber as well. I plan on buying a Mini Cooper S soon and the dash in those has a funky checker/carbon design to it, so I think a CF radar frame with socks that match whatever car I get would be a killer setup. In due time though.

The only other pair I don't really wear is the Half Jacket, and they were my dad's before he went with Rx and gave me these, so I probably won't sell them. They're in rough shape besides.

Like I said my next target is a XX metal, so it needs some working capital and after a bachelor party 3 states away this weekend I'm fully tapped for spending money! Other than that, I want a wire of some kind for more formal wear. I haven't really picked one out though. '12 Crosshair, C-Wire, Square Whisker, none of them really scream "BUY ME!" even if they fit well and look pretty good. I'm just not a wire guy. Maybe if a frame like the Wiretap fit me?

It's an adventure, just got to make sure I remember that I have years and years ahead of me, I don't need to be in a hurry and buy everything right away and not have money to spend on other things like vacation and friends.

UPDATE! Added a few, made a trade, etc. XX-TiO2 are on the way from Oz, but I got my wire frame, moved the Radar XL for a carbon fiber frame, and added a couple NewFrogs.

Had everything out to clean and dust, and my table was clean so I got decent photos this time.

Just the glasses and spare lenses.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

I think a counter cube or something like that might be in order. If I could find a single wide local for what I consider a good price (under $200) I'd snatch one, but I rarely see anything in the local CL aside from some Square-O and Flak/Half pairs, and fakes.

The XXmetal is the most expensive pair I've bought now, and I can't imagine dropping a few hundred bucks on a case that could be spent on more pairs or a gun or something like that.

The only thing I really need is a good method to store all of my spare lenses.