1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

After a few recent additions, a few recent sales, and a pair of Batwolfs lost to an experiment I've hit a lull where I can't buy until I've sold. So I think it's a good time to take stock and see what's in the stable.

Even with a lowly 10+ pairs I feel like I have more than I can wear in regular rotation, so I think I'm going to thin out 2-3 pairs I won't wear to make room for some I will and free up the money to go after an XMetal.

*Pro M Frame shooting array - matte black frames with white icons and socks. G26, VR50, and Clear Strike lenses.
    *New Frogskin - matte clear with black iridium
    *(2) SI M Frame 2.0 frames - matte black with (2) clear and (2) grey ballistic Strike lenses
    *(2) SI M Frames - matte black with clear, grey, and VR28 Strike, Ice and black iridium polarized Heater lenses
    *SI Radar frame - matte black with persimmon Pitch and gold vented Range lenses
    *SI Half Jacket matte black with VR28 and grey polarized XLJ lenses
    *SI Ten - matte black with VR28 black iridium polarized
    *Radar XL Blades - crystal red with +Red
    *Tens - 10W40 with VR28
    *XX Twenty - black with black iridium polarized

Pictured in the back
    *SI Laptop Bag
    *SI Assault Gloves, XXL black
    *About a dozen micro bags
    *Cleaning kit

Not pictured
    *SI Assault Boot, 6" desert
    *SI Assault Shoe, black
    *Supercoil sandal
    *Casing boot

Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17 - IMG_0887.jpg

Update June 17 - see post #6 for details
    Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17 - IMG_0932.jpg

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Nice to see your collection growing!
    How you like your XX Twenty?
    They are my favorite frame!

3. Rustpot

A different pair in the same colorway was my first set in ~'04 and I LOVED them until I came to grips that they were just too small for me. If they were taller and a little more full cut they'd be great, but as is they're just not cuttin it. This pair was given to me by a friend since the lenses are shot and the frame is loose and well used. They're not being used, but they really have no value outside the frame being used for a custom project or sold for parts.

4. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

very nice collection! nice to see you finally posted it up!

i was also thinking of letting go of some of my pairs, but is hard to do it!

5. Rustpot

I already have the old school Tens up for sale. I'm thinking about selling the Radar XL since it's just not as sleek feeling as my matte/gold pair. I feel the need for carbon fiber as well. I plan on buying a Mini Cooper S soon and the dash in those has a funky checker/carbon design to it, so I think a CF radar frame with socks that match whatever car I get would be a killer setup. In due time though.

The only other pair I don't really wear is the Half Jacket, and they were my dad's before he went with Rx and gave me these, so I probably won't sell them. They're in rough shape besides.

Like I said my next target is a XX metal, so it needs some working capital and after a bachelor party 3 states away this weekend I'm fully tapped for spending money! Other than that, I want a wire of some kind for more formal wear. I haven't really picked one out though. '12 Crosshair, C-Wire, Square Whisker, none of them really scream "BUY ME!" even if they fit well and look pretty good. I'm just not a wire guy. Maybe if a frame like the Wiretap fit me?

It's an adventure, just got to make sure I remember that I have years and years ahead of me, I don't need to be in a hurry and buy everything right away and not have money to spend on other things like vacation and friends.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the wiretap is pretty small. i wear the crosshair (first generation, not the 2.0 or 2012), and i love them. try some out!

7. Rustpot

UPDATE! Added a few, made a trade, etc. XX-TiO2 are on the way from Oz, but I got my wire frame, moved the Radar XL for a carbon fiber frame, and added a couple NewFrogs.

Had everything out to clean and dust, and my table was clean so I got decent photos this time.

Just the glasses and spare lenses.

Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17 - IMG_0932.jpg
    Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17 - IMG_0930.jpg
    Rustpot's Collection - Update Jun17 - IMG_0931.jpg

8. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Needs more metal. And a display....

9. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Needs a metal display. ;)

10. Rustpot

I think a counter cube or something like that might be in order. If I could find a single wide local for what I consider a good price (under $200) I'd snatch one, but I rarely see anything in the local CL aside from some Square-O and Flak/Half pairs, and fakes.

The XXmetal is the most expensive pair I've bought now, and I can't imagine dropping a few hundred bucks on a case that could be spent on more pairs or a gun or something like that.

The only thing I really need is a good method to store all of my spare lenses.