• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rustpot's updated collection - over 30 pairs Feb '13

When did the lens cleaner come in an aluminum sprayer? Mine is clear plastic. Bought recently

When did the lens cleaner come in an aluminum sprayer? Mine is clear plastic. Bought recently
They originally came in the metal bottle. The plastic one is fairly recent.

And in other news, it's been about 5 weeks since I posted this thread and I have pairs #38 & 40 on the way. That makes 9 I've bought in March and the first week of April.

what did you get for pairs 38 and 40? Also I have a question: is there anything special fab out military issued m frames? (Other than that they are all black) I have a few pairs show up in my area and I'm wondering if I should put in an offer

I got a couple of additional M Frames, no lenses.

Added since this thread; Deviation, Crosshair, 2 more NewFrogs, Rootbeer M Frames, Rootbeer Holbrook, 2 Black M Frames... I think that's it?

Anyway, as far as Military M Frames, there are 4 versions now. M frames that are simply matte black with gunmetal icons, they came with Z87 marked lenses in Strike and Hybrid. Ballsitic M Frames had the additional lens clip to prevent the lens coming out of the frame when struck, but the frame itself was still a plain M Frame. The 2.0 (Ballistic M Frame 2.0) has straight stems to fit better under ones helmet and uses the same clip. The 3.0 (Ballistic M Frame 3.0) is a slimmer 2.0 that has no rubber to better fit under ear protection and slip in and out of helmets easier. The 3.0 stems wrap and flex more. The 3.0 also has a redesigned clip and around the release of the 3.0 the Ballistic lenses were redesigned into a slightly larger version of the Strike with extended peripheral coverage, anti-fog, and anti-glare coatings. The 3.0 also has a bit more rake to the lens.

The 2.0 and 3.0 are also made to accept a strap.

The 2.0 comes in black and grey.

The 3.0 comes in black, bone (tan), and Multicam.

The military frames are supposedly only available through Oakley's SI program, but now the Vault has the Ballistic M Frame and the 2.0 and 3.0 are available through alternate means.

Personally I'll take a standard frame or a 3.0. I'm not too impressed with the 2.0 now that the 3.0 is out and better.

Nice Collection bro.
Thanks!

Officially at 40.

And 2 shelves isn't enough for all of my M. I really do need a bigger case. I don't think stands would help, except to pack it all in with a little more room.

Top shelf. A new Slash! Thanks to a forum member and a trade. Planet X/Grey Gen2 to join the Black/Clear Gen2 and the Fingerprint/Black Gen1. The otehr Slash is a gen3 Gold X frame with gold lens. And my other Gen2 frames with V in Fire and old Hybrid in Blue. And my Dr.Chop brushed metal with American flag icons and BIP Heaters.
0A14278A-DE4C-49A1-BBFF-CC9515E78599-18672-0000134F7AE53E0B_zps9c675648.jpg

M Shelf #2. CCW from top left: Black Pro with white icons/rubber, G30 Hybrid lens. Black Chrome Pro with Blue (VR28) Heater. Rootbeer with gold polar Strike. Black with slate rubber and Slate Duval sig Heater. Black with +Red Heater. Black with Livestrong rubber and Fire Heater. And a dozen or two spare lenses in the back, in various conditions.
50A200DD-36DA-40A1-BC7D-28A79F7AF5F1-18672-0000134F81561E9E_zps0fdbda80.jpg

NewFrog Army. Texas Tea, White, Matte Clear, Rootbeer, Black/gold, Crystal Black, Black, Tortoise (one Tortoise is hidden behind the left set)
953F1BAE-89CE-4C40-95C5-DD1C57FC5D2E-18672-0000134F87608D6A_zps649c27df.jpg

The bottom shelf. CCW from back left; Monster Doggle Black/Grey polar, Deviation VR46, Inmate Light/BIP, Ten Multicam/VR28BIP, Ten Brown Smoke/Bronze polar, Holbrook Rootbeer/24K, M Frame 3.0 Dark Bone (home from work for cleaning), Crosshair '12 [Brushed] Chrome/VR28BI, M Frame 2.0 x2, Ten Black Ink/OO Red polar, Four S Black/Fire.
18FDE050-8F56-4B54-B9E7-8257B2D12986-18672-0000134F8CC34A12_zps2b231b87.jpg

*Not shown: M Frame Pro Metallic Sand
*On the way (#40): M Frame Pro Joker

what did you get for pairs 38 and 40? Also I have a question: is there anything special fab out military issued m frames? (Other than that they are all black) I have a few pairs show up in my area and I'm wondering if I should put in an offer

It has industrial standards for high mass and high velocity impact protection (including protection from elements e.g. Sun, wind.) Optical clarity and peripheral vision, tactical purposes such as no reflective coating (so you won't be spotted by snipers and get shot at), ballistic lenses on ballistic models (protection from shrapnel injuries), and durability. If you do alot of outdoor activities or have a career that requires eye protection, these are good to have.

Latest Posts

Back