• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rx Lenses For Juliets And Penny

Ross Coleman

Oakley Beginner
Any suggestions on getting rx lenses cut and sent without sending my glasses in? My prescription is not too bad and single vision.
Thanks guys

Yes but I'm trying to order lenses without sending in the glasses and getting a new prescription and all that jazz. Thanks

Ok great I'll try that. I only tried stores that sell oakley like LensCrafters and such.
Thanks for the info

its best for whoever makes the lenses to have your frame. the fit and finish will be much better. I use a local optician, I've been going to him for like 15 years. He's had literally every frame from penny's, juliets, XX, Twenty, even frogskins made into Rx glasses. he always takes the frame and sends them out to have the Rx lenses made. I know you're probably worried about damage, but these people are professionals and take great care of your frames. That said, I would stay away from big chain eyewear places like lens crafters and try to deal with an established, local, privately owned business.

Looks like I'll try that option. I just was taking the greatest precaution so no damage to the frames would occur. I also have done this before where i gave the frame to the private optician but he needed my driver tool to remove the lenses. I had to go back and provide it; and I never got it back. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

It's hard to find people who are experienced with Oakley. The guy I've been going to has been customizing since the very beginning. You could walk into his store and say "I really like that frame but I want the lenses from this frame" and he would do it. That's how I bought my first Juliet with X-Metal frame and Ice lenses back in 2001.

Looks like I'll try that option. I just was taking the greatest precaution so no damage to the frames would occur. I also have done this before where i gave the frame to the private optician but he needed my driver tool to remove the lenses. I had to go back and provide it; and I never got it back. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

What you could also do is take a bunch of photos of the frame before you send them in if you decide to take that route. This way it covers your butt for having proof in case your frames get damaged.

Back