1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ross Coleman

Ross Coleman Oakley Beginner

Any suggestions on getting rx lenses cut and sent without sending my glasses in? My prescription is not too bad and single vision.
    Thanks guys

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Have you inquired at your local O store?

3. Ross Coleman

Yes but I'm trying to order lenses without sending in the glasses and getting a new prescription and all that jazz. Thanks

4. i am rich

I don't think you have to send your glasses when you get them at the O store.

5. Ross Coleman

Ok great I'll try that. I only tried stores that sell oakley like LensCrafters and such.
    Thanks for the info

6. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

its best for whoever makes the lenses to have your frame. the fit and finish will be much better. I use a local optician, I've been going to him for like 15 years. He's had literally every frame from penny's, juliets, XX, Twenty, even frogskins made into Rx glasses. he always takes the frame and sends them out to have the Rx lenses made. I know you're probably worried about damage, but these people are professionals and take great care of your frames. That said, I would stay away from big chain eyewear places like lens crafters and try to deal with an established, local, privately owned business.

7. i am rich

My O rep stated 9/10 there are no issues when they make the lenses but it is preferred that you mail the frame in.

I would take Oakleyman2424's advice.

8. Ross Coleman

Looks like I'll try that option. I just was taking the greatest precaution so no damage to the frames would occur. I also have done this before where i gave the frame to the private optician but he needed my driver tool to remove the lenses. I had to go back and provide it; and I never got it back. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

9. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

It's hard to find people who are experienced with Oakley. The guy I've been going to has been customizing since the very beginning. You could walk into his store and say "I really like that frame but I want the lenses from this frame" and he would do it. That's how I bought my first Juliet with X-Metal frame and Ice lenses back in 2001.

i am rich likes this.
  10. i am rich

What you could also do is take a bunch of photos of the frame before you send them in if you decide to take that route. This way it covers your butt for having proof in case your frames get damaged.