1. Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Want to view this complete exchange listing and contact the seller before its too late? Become a Premium Member Today for instant access! Don't miss out!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Not sure if anyone can help me, i am trying to find a set of replacement temples, they are satin black and red and seem to be something not carried anymore as i cant find them. I know i have seen them listed as "Ducati" editions. thanks in advance

EDIT:

I would be happy to find any temples that have satin black on them. Apparently Oakley does not have a rubber kit for these and the eye Dr charges $90 for replacement stems... thats absurd considering that they last all of 4 months before falling apart. I wish i had read the reviews of these BEFORE getting them.

2nd Update

I called oakley and spoke to a rep and they said that they could be sent out at no charge and even gave me his name and ext number, however it has to be ordered by a dealers. Lens Crafters is the ones trying to charge this crazy price apparently.

Ive called 2 lens crafters in my area and the same story. Not sure what to do from here. The guy said they had Satin Black/orange in stock that he could have sent right out of the dealer called him. I feel like Lens Crafters is trying to get over on me with this one.

Last edited by a moderator: 1/10/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Ichiro addict

Rating:
    100%
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Frog Fanatic

Rating:
    100%
    Go through the Oakley rep I guess.... My Oakley store told me they don't deal in Rx, they just display it!

Please post ( or pm me) on your impressions of the cross link Rx glasses... I really wanted to get them, but for 250$ just a frame ... I want to be surebe sure

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rating:
    100%
    Thats the issue, the rep said he cant send them to me himself, that he has to have a dealer call him and then from there he said he can ship them out at no charge. Lens Crafter just isnt working with me at all.

I really really like the glasses but the rubber literately disintegrate after 4-7 months of use and the metal stems start to rub on your head

Rx Oakley Crosslink Temples ANy With Black Satin Plastic - 20130417-111213.jpg

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Frog Fanatic

Rating:
    100%
    I think that's the nature/problem with unobtanium ... It naturally absorbs waters (sweat) so the grease and salts on the skin break down and disintegrate the rubber over time ... On sunglassesit's not the biggest issue because you don't wear them all the time, plus a lot of us are über anal and clean the glasses regularly ... But with RX glasses ( I been wearing em for 25 yrs) you tend to wear em ALL day (12hrs +) and I've never in all my years sat down and cleaned the arms/temples of my Rx glasses...ever!

I might look into finding a matte frog frame and have some Rx lenses pit in

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Ichiro addict

Rating:
    100%
    I bought a crosslink to my son and this pair is awesome Rx Oakley Crosslink Temples ANy With Black Satin Plastic - IMG_2226_zps4dfcad69.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 1/10/14
    Anonymous likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Frog Fanatic

Rating:
    100%
    Ça fait longtemps qu'il les ait? Je les veut aussi... Si c'est pour durer 2x 4 mois les bras... Je vais essayer me trouver des frog lx mat or des o matter frog à place...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Ichiro addict

Rating:
    100%
    A date lui ya pas de probleme avec ses rubber pis il les portent tout le temps

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Frog Fanatic

Rating:
    100%
    Garde moi au courant si tu vois des problèmes... Chu un gars curieux, pis un gars qui aime pas pitcher des bruns par la fenêtre ...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Ichiro addict

Rating:
    100%
    All good