• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX/transitions Help And Advice Please!

dave m

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi all, after much umming and ahhing I finally decided to get my juliets re done with a clear lens to use as my reading glasses.
When I was in there the sales lady gave me some advice about their transitions and how you can now have a clear to emerald lens. Now she told me the had an AR coating on the back although when "clear" there would be a slight hint of the iridium colour as it can't truly go away.Picked them up today, very excited (although after telling me Oakley would supply new rubber they came back with none so I had to pinch bits from my other juliets to test them out. (Which I find quite disappointing when you spend a couple of hundred and fifty £ getting genuine lenses put in them they can't be bothered to get some new unobtanium for you).
NOw I have come to wear them inside this evening and the inside of the lenses are very reflective, to the point where when you hold them up the front and back are no different. Is that how the transitions are because I don't think I am going to be able to wear them, this isn't the result I was after!

This is the first time I have heard of emerald transitions. The way transitions work, it is activated by u.v. So in short, it works outdoors. Plus depending on how long of exposure outdoors, the darker the lenses are. All of my Oakley prescriptions are transitions. (Clear to dark gray)

If you are using it for indoors, you do not need transitions. If anyhing is bothering you, send it back and have them change to clear lenses instead.

Last edited:
I've never had transitions before, thought it would be nice to be able to read outside for example. Sounds like the clear (ish) to iridium lenses are new ones to the rx family. Trying to give it today but the fact I keep putting my old pair on probably tells me I need to go back to vision express tomorrow

Back