• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

S.I. Matte Black Or S.I. Multicam Fives Squared??

S.I. Fives Squared; Matte Black or Multicam??

• Total voters

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
I'm having a hard time deciding between these 2 different Fives Squared. They both have the warm grey lenses. What's everyone's thoughts between the Matte Black and Multicam? Thank you.
11-020-750x350_zpsc972243b.jpg

Multicam20Fives20Squared-750x350_zps5e8766a1.jpg

If you're getting them for uniform wear they need to be black. If you're getting them for funsies I'd go for both. And then ditch the warm grey lenses as fast as you f***ing can.

Honestly it depends on what your collection looks like. If you don't have a plain black frame; you need one. That's no joke. You need a normal, plain, discreet, black pair. I have a dipped Ten in Multicam and I feel like a tool when I wear them, but sometimes it's just too awesome to not wear. They certainly don't get as much face time as my non-camo pairs.

The Vault has Fives 3/Sq Asian Fit lenses. They say they don't fit normal frames, but that wasn't the case with Gascans.

They won't be for uniform wear and I have a pair of black Crankcases, but I will be wearing them while flying for work if they fit with my headset. I just received a pair of polished rootbeer Fives Squared and I am unsure if I like them enough to keep and not buy one of the two above. I tried the multicam on for fun and was surprised how much I liked the look, although I see where you are coming from with possibly feeling like a tool while wearing camo sunglasses. I just started buying, and so far have the aforementioned rootbeer Fives, black Crankcases, red and grey Flak Jacket XLJ, and silver Straight Jackets. I also have some carbon fiber Ray-Bans that are my primary work sunglasses because of their very light weight and slim carbon fiber arms. Thanks for the reply.

My polished rootbeer Fives list the lenses as dark grey on the box. Are they different than the warm grey? Why the hate for warm grey? I've never tried them so just wondering. Lots to learn about everything Oakley :unsure:

Go for the multicam because they look awesome and aren't just a common black. Also don't get the hate on grey or warm grey. IMO, not much difference between them and the popular Black Iridium.

I have someone coming to look at my rootbeer Fives tomorrow so I might have a decision to make then. I'm still torn between the two options above because I like them both, plus the Ducati Fives Squared are nice as well. Damn you for making so many nice choices Oakley! :mad-35:

Looks like multicam is in the lead. My rootbeer Fives didn't sell so I decided to wait until next month when I can try on both pairs at the same time and go from there.

On another Fives Squared note, I am considering getting a pair customized for my wife in purple cerakote :brunette:

Back