• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sad Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 13416
  • Start date
Hope all the employees let go get up and running again soon.

Feeding into the anti-Luxottica vibe, for those that haven't seen this old doc, here you go:
Welcome!

Yes, that video is all over the forum.

Sent from Q's Note5

He was forced to sell by the monopoly created by Luxottica. Oakley was being choked since their products were pulled or threatened to be pulled from all the retailers and distributors, SunglassHut, LensCrafters, PearlVision, target Optical, Sears Optical etc (all owned by Luxottica). It's amazing what they have gotten away with, now owning pretty much the whole market, Rayban, Oakley, eyeglass divisions of Dolce & Gabbana, Tiffany Eyeglasses, etc etc.

It wasn't Jim Jannard's decision to sell, he was pretty much forced into it.

Jim or Luxottica I suppose it doesn't matter although I'd respectfully question your summary of events. I'm just venting my displeasure in seeing people lose jobs due to what essentially amounts dollar signs.

Oakley Settles Suits Against Luxottica

Where are the anti-trust laws against Luxottica's then? What is the Obama admin doing about it? Oakley is a household US company.

Where are the anti-trust laws against Luxottica's then? What is the Obama admin doing about it? Oakley is a household US company.

I'll leave the political aspects if this alone - but no they're not. Oakley is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lux which is an Italian company so for the most part the United States Government has little to no oversight authority.

I doubt that. If they do major business in the US and are involved with moving positions overseas...the USG def. has authority

And this isn't a presidential problem. If the Department of Justice didn't have any issues with it, oh well.

Sent from Q's Note5

Latest Posts

Back