• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sales Tax On Oakley.com?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
For years I've been ordering glasses on Oakley.com and I was never charged sales tax (one of the few perks of ordering stuff online.)

However, when I ordered a few pairs yesterday, they charged me sales tax.

What gives?

What changed?

This sucks ...

If a online retailer has a physical presence within the state you are shipping to they must charge the applicable state sales tax.

So basically if there is a Vault or O store in your state you'll get hit every time. Unless your state has no sales tax or has passed special laws permitting a exception for online sales regardless of a companies physical presence within the state.

I was charged tax as well. I was upset considering the item shipped from Cali and I am in FL.

It's looking like the Fed's are about to put an end to tax free online shopping anyway. Too many physical companies upset with Amazon over a "unfair advantage".

I guess it was good while it lasted.

That is going to be a sad day. As most people I really enjoy not paying sales tax. It can get out of hand some times. Coupled with free shipping you just can not beat internet pricing.

You guys wanna be glad its only just happening to you. Here in the UK we have 20% tax on virtually eveything that is purchased whether online or in store. If we purchase from oversea's we also get hit with the tax & if it is over a certian amount in value we also have import duty on that too.

You guys wanna be glad its only just happening to you. Here in the UK we have 20% tax on virtually eveything that is purchased whether online or in store. If we purchase from oversea's we also get hit with the tax & if it is over a certian amount in value we also have import duty on that too.

I've ordered some Kent shaving brushes from the UK and about passed out when I saw the tax. Thank god their was a "no VAT" option for those shipping to the states.

That is going to be a sad day. As most people I really enjoy not paying sales tax. It can get out of hand some times. Coupled with free shipping you just can not beat internet pricing.

The beauty of Delaware my friend. No sales tax!

But free healthcare... flamesuit!

I dont think the feds will get away with the online tax. theyve tried before. Who deserves the tax? the state that sold it or the state where the product is consumed?

Latest Posts

Back