• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sales Tax On Oakley.com?

But free healthcare... flamesuit!

I dont think the feds will get away with the online tax. theyve tried before. Who deserves the tax? the state that sold it or the state where the product is consumed?

I'd wager they invent a federal sales tax and apply it to online purchases.

The Fed could then decide to either consume the funds themselves or divided it between the states according to state GDP at the end of every fiscal year. They could justify a Fed sales tax by claiming that once commerce crosses state lines it no longer falls under state jurisdiction and becomes a Fed matter to regulate as the Fed sees fit.

Kinda like when someone commits a crime and crosses state lines while doing it. In that case the locals no longer have jurisdiction and the Fed's run you down.

But free healthcare... flamesuit!

Yep free health care through the NHS here but it took me over months to get my Hiatus Hernia opperation sorted out through it. Good job I wasn't in constant pain because of the acid build up hours a day...........................oh wait I was...............:laugh: I guess its swings a round-a-bouts with things.

I'd wager they invent a federal sales tax and apply it to online purchases.

The Fed could then decide to either consume the funds themselves or divided it between the states according to state GDP at the end of every fiscal year. They could justify a Fed sales tax by claiming that once commerce crosses state lines it no longer falls under state jurisdiction and becomes a Fed matter to regulate as the Fed sees fit.

Kinda like when someone commits a crime and crosses state lines while doing it. In that case the locals no longer have jurisdiction and the Fed's run you down.

Just what we need is more federal involvement in our every day lives...

The issue of charging sales tax online if the company has a physical presence in that state has been around for quite some time, but Oakley only just recently started charging tax for online purchases. In this case, the reasoning is that it was triggered by allowing those online purchases to be returned in store. So for the benefit of being able to return the item to a local o store, the downside is sales tax charged.

The issue of charging sales tax online if the company has a physical presence in that state has been around for quite some time, but Oakley only just recently started charging tax for online purchases. In this case, the reasoning is that it was triggered by allowing those online purchases to be returned in store. So for the benefit of being able to return the item to a local o store, the downside is sales tax charged.

Makes sense, thanks for the insight! Bummed I have to start paying tax online though :(

Just a point of note, UK healthcare from the NHS is not free.

Putting it very simply, every worker in the UK must pay National Insurance, which is taken direct from your wage. This helps fund healthcare services for all - including those who do not work.

Therefore workers pay for healthcare.
But for the unemployed, yeah, that's free.

Back