1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. michael.saklad

michael.saklad Oakley Beginner

Here is a questions PERFECT for this group.....

So...say I have a long day at work....long hot day....and I get home and take wallet out of my pants and jump into pool clothes and all. Would a salt water pool harm the finish/rubber etc on a pair of X Metals in any way? Why I am asking is yesterday while floating away the afternoon on a sunny day I was thinking about how awesome it would have been to have my Polarized X Metals on. Of course...only if they are not negatively affected by the water. Again....salt water swimming pool (less saline than human tears).

Thanks all

M

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I've used mine in the ocean many of times with no issues, just wash them off with in fresh water after they been in the salt water

supersharp and cyclerdoug like this.
  3. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yeah, I'd just wash them well. Salt and rubber/steel is not good, so the rubber pieces and the screws, not to mention lenses will all eventually be destroyed if exposed to the salt. That assumes you never wash em, lol. Just rinse them off in fresh water and I wouldn't give it a second thought. Anything that deteriorates on them is replaceable anyway, so enjoy!

supersharp likes this.
  4. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yep.......joecools hit the nail on that. Don't put too much thought into it just keep them clean and take care of them. They're made of titanium there's not a lot that can destroy them or the stainless steel Hardware

joecool862 likes this.
  5. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Not glasses but look what salt water did to this rare Emerald Time Bomb......salt under the crystal.

Salt Water Swimming Pool and X Metals - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469997395.571879.jpg

Salt Water Swimming Pool and X Metals - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469997412.926599.jpg

joecool862 likes this.
  6. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

As the others have said, the frames themselves should be fine. The only thing that I could think of that might be affected would be the anti reflective coating on the lenses, but those are replaceable.

joecool862 likes this.
  7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@Dieseltech can attest to that I think. Then again his was at the bottom of a lake for who knows how long?

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I bathe mine in salty tears and they hold up just fine.